OT: Aretha feuding with Dionne

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

face

OT: Aretha feuding with Dionne

Post by face »

Can you all believe this foolishness? http://www.cbsnews.com/news/aretha-fran ... s-funeral/.

I'm kind of concerned because Aretha is one of my all-time favorites, and it sounds like she may be losing her grip a bit. I also thought that Dionne was the one "diva" of her generation that Aretha actually got along with and respected, but I guess that was a fiction. The timing of this attack also suggests that Aretha may have felt a little jealous after hearing Dionne sing so well at Clive's event, while she herself was suffering from a cold and sounded like it. Who knows. What do you all make of this?
turnupthemusic

Re: OT: Aretha feuding with Dionne

Post by turnupthemusic »

It's sad really, isn't it. I don't know that Dionne was trying to call out Aretha but even if she was it's not nice to drag this out in public. I suspect it was triggered by Dionne approaching Aretha more than anything else.
rjones7

Re: OT: Aretha feuding with Dionne

Post by rjones7 »

Aretha has always been crazy. We need to stop acting like this is anything other than Aretha being herself. Aretha fights with everyone, her family, her producers, friends, strangers...