tonight, Royce Hall

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

someonenameddavid

tonight, Royce Hall

Post by someonenameddavid »

The man is back: I will try to get some inside scoop from my "secret agent" afterwards... it's all good.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
vincent.cole

Re: tonight, Royce Hall

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour David.

Will you be at the show? If so give the forum some feed back!

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
teejay

Post by teejay »

hi. newbie here. saw him last night. about 2 hours of amazing. so glad he sang a bit. :D he thanked his doctors for putting him back together. my wife and i are wondering what happened to him?
Djalma Junior

Post by Djalma Junior »

This is the best news of the year!

Welcome back! Master Burt!
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

teejay wrote:hi. newbie here. saw him last night. about 2 hours of amazing. so glad he sang a bit. :D he thanked his doctors for putting him back together. my wife and i are wondering what happened to him?
Welcome teejay! Yes, this is great news. You ask what happened to Burt. Well, he fell and broke his shoulder, so he obviously had to cancel many tour dates until he healed. So this is good news that he's well now and can get back to performing. God willing, Burt can keep on performing for many years to come -- even until he's 100. George Burns just about did it, as did Eubie Blake. Burt's music will keep him young and vital for a long time!
teejay

Post by teejay »

An Enormous BB Fan wrote:
teejay wrote:hi. newbie here. saw him last night. about 2 hours of amazing. so glad he sang a bit. :D he thanked his doctors for putting him back together. my wife and i are wondering what happened to him?
Welcome teejay! Yes, this is great news. You ask what happened to Burt. Well, he fell and broke his shoulder, so he obviously had to cancel many tour dates until he healed. So this is good news that he's well now and can get back to performing. God willing, Burt can keep on performing for many years to come -- even until he's 100. George Burns just about did it, as did Eubie Blake. Burt's music will keep him young and vital for a long time!
thanks much for explaining. especially glad he's mended so well. :D
Jennie Cruse

Post by Jennie Cruse »

Hi Burt family!

So happy to hear that Burt is back! Thanks to those doctors too.
I have looked for reviews but not found any, so thanks for telling us about the show.
I live in New Zealand but was in LA for the original Royce Hall date in October which was re-sceduled due to Burt's injury.
I couldn't get back to LA for this new date but will be going to see him in Seattle at Jazz Alley, anyone else in the forum going to be there?!
Such good news that he is healing well and was able to perform.

Warm wishes
Jennie Cruse
someonenameddavid

So tonight Burt and the band are in San Francisco. My inside source tells me that our hero is sharp and fit and just the same genius he was....
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
harrymcc

Post by harrymcc »

My wife and I were at the San Francisco concert last night. Burt has bounced all the way back from his injury and his only reference to it was mentioning that a bad shoulder kept him from playing tennis. The music was as great as ever, and his patter between songs was maybe the most engaging and entertaining I've seen. And I love his singing--your mileage may vary, but I'd be happy if he did even more of it.

He told us all to buy tickets for Herb Alpert's concert here on Sunday--which I didn't know about, and which, sadly, is sold out.
someonenameddavid

So, the band is in the groove and looking forward to 4 gigs in 3 days in Seattle in a smaller, more intimate setting. The general public has showered everyone with good will, and my girl got some amazing flowers at the concert....

So, the game's afoot.

(Don't know about Europe yet)

David
nowmedical

Post by nowmedical »

IMG_08701.png
IMG_08701.png (239.5 KiB) Viewed 17777 times
And my source tells me this picture was taken on the day inside the Royce Hall, during rehearsals.