Did Rob Shrock cheat on his wife with Rumer???

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

becalastreet

Did Rob Shrock cheat on his wife with Rumer???

Post by becalastreet »

I heard about this on Facebook and was in total shock! I know Rob was fired from Burt a few years back, but was this happening at the same time? This make me so sad, because I know how loyal Stephanie was to him. She was always there supporting his career and standing by his side. You could tell she really loved him. I read a bit on this person named "Rumer" and it doesn't sound like the apple falls far from her family tree. She is the product of an affair her Mother had. Well, I hope both parties will move on and have happiness in their lives. I hope Stephanie can trust again, because us women know how very difficult it is to bounce back from cheating. God Bless them.

Beca
Last edited by becalastreet on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
BachtoBacharach

Re: Did Rob Shrock cheat on his wife with Rumer???

Post by BachtoBacharach »

WTF??? Facebook is the source for really reliable news....yeah. Totally reliable you know.
becalastreet

Post by becalastreet »

So they are still together???? I'm confused! That's what the Burt and Dionne camps are both saying. I hope it's not true! They are perfect together!
Last edited by becalastreet on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
becalastreet

Post by becalastreet »

Rob Shrock did loose his job from Burt a few years back. That is true. He was replaced by Bill Cantos, who is amazing!
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I've been dying to know why Rob hasn't been with Burt. He was fired??? Would someone please tell me why he was fired??? Also, what is Rob doing now? Does he do concert dates with Dionne? I also find it hard to believe that Burt would have fired Rob due to any extracurricular affairs that Rob may have had. I did notice that Bill Cantos was on one of Burt's youtube videos. It was on either (or both) the Gershwin Award ceremony at the White House and the video with Carole Bayer Sager at some fundraiser. I feel very sorry for Rob, though. What a great job he had!
Nicko

Post by Nicko »

Rob's with Rumer I believe they're getting married, as for what hes doing now, he's writing and producing Rumer's new album, they're both in London at the moment she been performing at a PF Sloan event(PF a friend of hers) and also she has performed last week at a Tribute show for Tony Hatch at the Festival Hall, London.

They have also been overseeing some recording sessions for the strings on the new album at RAK studios.
becalastreet

Post by becalastreet »

From my source the two met at The World Hunger Project while Rob was very much married. The affair has now turned to marriage??? Wow! That was fast! You never know what people are capable of. This is Rob's third marriage. I'm not sure why Burt fired Rob, but hopefully he'll bounce back. He had such a great job and in my personal opinion a great wife. Makes sense now that he is helping Rumer on her record. He needs a job! So sad.
Last edited by becalastreet on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Downtown

Post by Downtown »

What's so sad here??? He has been traveling with Dionne as her musical director for the last 4 or 5 years and now he is producing Rumer's new album. Didn't her last two efforts both go platinum in the UK?
becalastreet

Post by becalastreet »

Are you comparing working for Burt and working with Dionne??? I've never heard of Rumer, but I'm sure she is nice. I just think a 25 year relationship with Burt would be sad for anyone to be taken off of. Also, cheating and divorce is never easy, no matter what side you're on. I hope him the best, but am excited to see Bill in the MD chair now. He's so talented!
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Rumer sings Bacharach...

"blue"
becalastreet

Post by becalastreet »

Thanks Blue! She has a pretty voice. I've never heard of her though. Maybe, because her career is in the UK.
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Yes, Rumer is mostly known in the UK but I have a feeling it won't be long before it's everywhere else.
Here she is on stage with Jimmy Webb and.... P.F Sloan.

"blue"
becalastreet

Post by becalastreet »

She sounds like Karen Carpenter. Pretty voice, but really not my cup of tea. I might buy her record to play in the background of parties, but I wouldn't rush out to watch her perform. I have too many favorite performers I'm saving my money up for! Like Burt in California! Thanks for the links though!
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

becalastreet.....you're very welcome.
Enjoy your Burt concert, I'll be seeing the Maestro in Manchester, England in three weeks time.

"blue"
becalastreet

Post by becalastreet »

Exciting!!!!! Have fun!!!!