Bacharach-bootlegs

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Werner

Bacharach-bootlegs

Post by Werner »

Hi fellow fans,
i was wondering, are there any bacharach-bootlegs that aren't mentioned in the discography... For instance, there was a message a while ago with live-recordings from the woman-era (can't find that message anywhere...); are there bootlegs available with that kind of recordings... And what about the demo-recordings of lost horizon, mentioned in the discography, is that available somewhere??
Any suggestions of (unofficial) titles that i can search for??
Thank you, Werner.

Post by Guest »

Although this is not a bootleg, the cd Japanese release of Burt Bacharach Live on A&M is a cool one. It's not available in the USA, but i think it is thru mail order via the web...that would be a great one to get...another cd is the "Brodway Second Time Around" or some such title where demos of "Promises Promises" material is featured..just 2 ideas for ya..another source wold be TV soundtracks from the 60s and early 70's..(They are hard to come by) An example would be when Burt hosted the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson in the very early 70's and at the end over the credits he did "The Look of Love" with Doc Severensen's band augmented by union string players..

Burt and Johnny

Post by Guest »

Any suggestion as where one might find a DVD of Burt's aperance on the tonight show ? :idea:
rasputin

re: Bootlegs

Post by rasputin »

Hallo, Werner, vom Texas «in der Farwest»,

I have a short video clip of Barbra Streisand singing "(They Long To Be) Close To You" at the piano with Burt. It's taken from a USA TV special he did in 1971. The video quality is not good... in fact it was recorded by someone holding a videocamera to their TV screen! But the luminance of the pair is unmistakeable.

Both of these musical giants were at the very peak of their physical beauty and sexual charisma at the time, and their tenderly-sung duet positively drips with intimacy!

I'll send it to you if you like.

Tschüß,

D.
Central Texas, USA
DonO
Location: Somewhere near the PCH! Centeral California that is...

Post by DonO »

The only Burt bootleg that I know of is a soundboard recording of Burt and Elvis Costello at the Universal Am.

I'm trying to hunt down this sucker, too!
:evil:
Don-O