Bacharach in Dallas this Saturday at the Meyerson

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

MBoyd

Bacharach in Dallas this Saturday at the Meyerson

Post by MBoyd »

Anyone else going?
igtmfo

Post by igtmfo »

yeah! tonight (Thurs.) Friday, and Saturday ... at the Meyerson ..

A big-time fan of the genius ... I've never seen him in person .. but
I could spend $75 for a ticket and parking or I could just fire up the turntable and listen to some rare tunes ....

I'm afraid if I attended the concert it would incomplete unless I fell down and blessed the hem of his garment ... and I'm sure in our 10 seconds I would whip him about obscure pop tunes that he must listen to as being close to his talent, or influenced by him .. etc. And I sold my CD burner so I can't provide them to him .... maybe he could write down his address so I could them to him .. and maybe if I was in his LA neighborhood I might drop by and deliver them and say hi!

But maybe Burt is getting better or very much holding his own and the concert won't be a perfunctory thing. I've been wanting to meet that background singer with the high part ... she's very cute
MBoyd

Post by MBoyd »

Why are people so rude at concerts like this? There must have been a 100 people who couldnt read the 8:00 pm time on their ticket and showed up 5, 10, 15, 20 and even 30 minutes late. Not only is the disrespectful to the people seated and enjoying the show, but it's disrespectful to the maestro. And what the hell is up with people leaving during his second to last song.

And I might as well mention the old geezers who pushed their way into the elevator as my friend on crutches and I were trying to get out. Does anyone have manners anymore?

The concert was great as always. I haven't seen Burt since 1999 in Ft Worth's Bass Hall. I think I enjoyed Bass Hall a little more and I felt like their symphiny had a little more punch to it. Or it may have been our seats this time around.

Burt added a song he didn't play last time I saw him. It was the love theme in Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid. He said he retitled it Touch the Sun or something like that and got the idea for adding it to the show a few weeks ago when he was showing his kids the film. Nice story. No Painted From Memory stuff this time around.
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Thanks for the report!

The love theme from Butch Cassidy he's referring to is apparently "Come Touch the Sun." There's an alternate version of it on the recent Something Big box set titled "Etta's Theme." (A vocal version titled "Where There's A Heartache" was also recorded by the Sandpipers). It's a beautiful waltz. I'm glad he added it.

I'm surprised he didn't do "God Give Me Strength." He seemed to be performing it for his symphony dates and "I Still Have That Other Girl" for his small band shows.
vincent.cole

Reply: Mboyd

Post by vincent.cole »

Yes, it's very rude that people don't have their seats brfore the concert starts!

I saw Burt in Morristown New Jersey in 2002. If you were not in your seat at the start of the concert, you had to wait for a break in the program!

All of us should show respect to the performers and those at the concert!

Let me put it another way. If Burt invited you to his house for dinner, would you be late?
Take care;

Vincent
Chris M.

Post by Chris M. »

Mark wrote:(A vocal version titled "Where There's A Heartache" was also recorded by the Sandpipers).
Wow! Someone else knows about this version. The Sandpipes recording is one of my all-time favorite songs!!!!! I love the song in any version, but theirs just breaks my heart every time I hear it.

Post by Guest »

2 rare recordings by Pat Boone to hear..
one is Burt and Hal's "Where There's A Heartache"
another good one is "Beach Girl" produced by Bruce and Terry
(Beach Boys Producers in 1964)
An Enormous BB Fan

Re: Reply: Mboyd

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

vincent.cole wrote:Yes, it's very rude that people don't have their seats brfore the concert starts!

I saw Burt in Morristown New Jersey in 2002. If you were not in your seat at the start of the concert, you had to wait for a break in the program!

All of us should show respect to the performers and those at the concert!

Let me put it another way. If Burt invited you to his house for dinner, would you be late?
I would be there the night before sleeping on his lawn in my sleeping bag!