Dionne Warwick - The windows of the world 2013 WEA

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

MexicanDivorce

Dionne Warwick - The windows of the world 2013 WEA

Post by MexicanDivorce »

Hi everybody,

today I have received my cds "Make way for..." and "The windows of the world" I was very dissapointed as I notice, that the italian tracks are missing on "The windows of the world" that was the reason why I bought the cd. I hope anyone knows more about that fact, could this be a fault cd pressing or is the information wrong?

Thanks for all help and answers

P.S. Hi Mark please delete my other topic, it was a mistake of mine, thanks
Presenting Cissy Houston
vocals on "Mexican Divorce" by Cissy Houston
spanisheyes

Re: Dionne Warwick - The windows of the world 2013 WEA

Post by spanisheyes »

Yes, and "Message to Michael" is not on Here I Am. The CDs sound great but at that hefty import price, the prior false advertising from the record company is UNFORGIVABLE.

This is the last time I will ever buy music from a major record label.
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

It appears that a number of bonus tracks across the Japanese series have been added/dropped/reshuffled from the finalized track line-ups. (For instance, GREATEST MOTION PICTURE HITS now features no bonus tracks, though some announced for that title have apparently ended up on VERY DIONNE. THE DIONNE WARWICKE STORY: A DECADE OF GOLD, announced with no bonus tracks, actually has the ten live cuts originally promised for VERY DIONNE.) I'm currently working on a round-up of the final and correct information for The Second Disc, and I will relay that information here to the forum as soon as possible.

Make no mistake, though - these discs are beautifully packaged. I can't imagine any Dionne/Burt fan not thrilling at the attention to detail in the replicated mini-LP jacket artwork. If only an English translation was provided for the liner notes...

Joe
MexicanDivorce

Post by MexicanDivorce »

It´s a real barefacedness of the WEA company to make wrong announcments in the internet to catch buyers to buy the cds. It´s bad for the reputation of the company and for Dionne Warwick situation it´s no advantage.
Presenting Cissy Houston
MexicanDivorce

Post by MexicanDivorce »

I will inform everybody that the announcement of Dionne Warwick`s Greatest Motion Picture Hits it´s wrong, because they write "Amanda" and "He´s movin´on" are not available on CD, but you can find "Amanda" on Dionne Warwick The Collection a double Disc Set from 1998. Only "He´s movin´on" isn´t available on CD
Presenting Cissy Houston
spanisheyes

Post by spanisheyes »

How much you want to bet that these bonus tracks will be included when the CDs are released in the US? This is just the usual record company scam so people have to buy the same albums twice. Pathetic. False advertising, deception, there is just no excuse...I spent hundreds of dollars on these CDs and most bonus tracks are missing.
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Sorry, but most bonus tracks are not missing. There are actually five MORE bonus tracks than originally announced if you take the entire series into account.

"He's Movin' On" and "Amanda" can both be found in their mono single versions on the new Japanese VERY DIONNE CD.

I'm still sifting through each and every title, and will report back soon - but while there ARE some initially-listed tracks missing, others *have* been added in their place.
spanisheyes

Post by spanisheyes »

Message to Michael is missing from Here I Am. That's the one thing I was disappointed with. It's a very important song. If you know where else it ended up, let me know.
MexicanDivorce

Post by MexicanDivorce »

nymusicalsguy wrote:Sorry, but most bonus tracks are not missing. There are actually five MORE bonus tracks than originally announced if you take the entire series into account.

"He's Movin' On" and "Amanda" can both be found in their mono single versions on the new Japanese VERY DIONNE CD.

I'm still sifting through each and every title, and will report back soon - but while there ARE some initially-listed tracks missing, others *have* been added in their place.
Thank you very much for this information, maybe someone can give me the info on which cd I can find the italian versions of "walk little dolly" and "The windows of the world"?
Presenting Cissy Houston
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

The good news:

"Message to Michael" has been dropped from HERE I AM, but it has been added to DIONNE WARWICK IN PARIS in both mono *and* stereo versions!

The bad news:

The Italian versions of "The Windows of the World" and "Walk Little Dolly" have been removed entirely. The outtake "Taking a Chance on Love," not originally mentioned, has been added to THE WINDOWS OF THE WORLD.

Speaking of Italian versions:

The mono single version of "Silent Voices," not originally mentioned, has been added to VALLEY OF THE DOLLS.
Downtown

Post by Downtown »

After Rhino had such a hard time selling the mere 5000 copies globally (!) they made in the Handmade Series I'm actually quite grateful to Warner Japan for putting these out. I doubt that anybody is making a lot of money on these even with the steep price.

For track listings you just have to go to their Japanese homepage. Apparently they have added an "e" to Warwick for numerological purposes again to drive up sales:-)

http://wmg.jp/artist/dionnewarwicke/discography.html
MexicanDivorce

Post by MexicanDivorce »

nymusicalsguy wrote:The good news:

"Message to Michael" has been dropped from HERE I AM, but it has been added to DIONNE WARWICK IN PARIS in both mono *and* stereo versions!

The bad news:

The Italian versions of "The Windows of the World" and "Walk Little Dolly" have been removed entirely. The outtake "Taking a Chance on Love," not originally mentioned, has been added to THE WINDOWS OF THE WORLD.

Speaking of Italian versions:

The mono single version of "Silent Voices," not originally mentioned, has been added to VALLEY OF THE DOLLS.
Thank you for these information, the second CD wich I´m ordered "Make way for..." has a fault in the french version of "A house is not a home", this song isn´t playable, I´m very angry about the record company.
Presenting Cissy Houston
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Hi all,

I've attempted to clear up all of the confusion regarding the Dionne bonus tracks here at The Second Disc:

http://theseconddisc.com/2013/08/06/mak ... cd-titles/

In total, there are MORE bonus tracks than originally announced, but some might be disappointed with the disappearance of tracks like the Italian "Walk Little Dolly" and "The WIndows of the World," and some additional mixes for TRACK OF THE CAT. (They've been replaced with other material.)

And for the record, the French "A House is Not a Home" on my copy of MAKE WAY FOR DIONNE WARWICK has no glitches.

Best,

Joe
MexicanDivorce

Post by MexicanDivorce »

Thank you for clear up all the confusions. It´s very sad the italian tracks are all canceled on all the records. On the other hand I´m glad to have the versions on vinyl and the italian version of walk on by.
Presenting Cissy Houston