Burt loves Rumer - Do any of you?!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

BachtoBacharach

Re: Burt loves Rumer - Do any of you?!

Post by BachtoBacharach »

Rumer has a wonderful voice and she sings Bacharach second to none, except maybe Dionne. Although she doesn't have the same subdued drama, emotion, and tension that Dionne's vocals brought to Bacharach, she, like Dionne, is all about the song and the vocal being an instrument to highlight the song. She's just a lovely singer.
Diane Sampson

Post by Diane Sampson »

Yes, she is. Beautiful tone, no oversinging, and a respect for the melody as written. You don't find that much these days. Burt is a big fan. He even flew her from London to LA to sing for him at his house. Richard Carpenter is also a huge Rumer fan.
BachtoBacharach

Post by BachtoBacharach »

Rumer reminds me of Karen Carpenter only better. Karen's voice, although lovely, was rather bland and it was only later in her career that she got to show some emotion...Rumer doesn't have the blandness and I believe her tone is even more full-bodied than Karen's. Karen's voice had little power but when Richard miked her up, her voice came alive.
Diane Sampson

Post by Diane Sampson »

She reminds EVERYBODY of Karen Carpenter. (With a twist of Dusty!) I can't agree that Karen's voice was bland, but I DO agree that Rumer is the best thing to come along in quite some time!
Shemp9971

Post by Shemp9971 »

Oh, absolutely. I wouldn't be surprised if Burt collaborated either with her or Adele. Both of them are the heirs to Dionne Warwick's legacy.