Costell sings In The Darkest Place live

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Costell sings In The Darkest Place live

Post by Guest »

"But he saved his most explosive pyrotechnics for "In the Darkest Place," the melodically rich, demanding and complex piece from his 1998 collaboration with composer Burt Bacharach, a tour de force vocal performance that defies arbitrary categories like rock, pop, jazz."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... type=music
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

That reviewer knows what he's talking about. I absolutely love that song. It still has such an effect on me and puts me in quite a mood. The music really let's loose when the following lyric is sung: "But I only have to tell myself that by now you could be with someone else. Is there light beneath your door and laughter from within? Do your friends come around saying, "Try to find another lover"? He won't love you like I do." It's such a long, wonderful, unique and beautiful melody to those lines with wonderful chord changes. The song is a work of art and when I play it on the piano I feel so good.