New concert dates

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

mark
Site Admin

New concert dates

Post by mark »

If anyone thinks Burt is slowing down as he approaches 85, think again. I just received new tour dates for 2013 and he is once again spanning the globe. Check out the On Tour page for the complete list.

http://bacharachonline.com/on-tour/

Also, as I posted on the homepage, Burt's memoir is tentatively scheduled to be published this May. I'm sure there will be more news as the publication date approaches.
vincent.cole

Re: New concert dates

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Mark;

Keep the Burt tour dates coming!

Hope to see Burt somewhere on the East Coast in the 2nd 1/2 of the year!

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Mark;

What happen to the new Tour dates???

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Nothing serious. I got a request from Burt's PR peeps to remove the new dates until they're officially confirmed. They'll be back up as soon as I get the word.
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Mark;

Merci mon ami.

Vincent
nowmedical

Post by nowmedical »

Well the Edinburgh Usher Hall concert seems fairly definite - it's virtually sold out on their website!
Djalma Junior

Post by Djalma Junior »

Mr. Mark,

If you know of any change in the Burt's Show in Sao Paulo - Brazil, I ask you to special kindness to let us know. Already, thanks!

Best regards,
Djalma Jr
someonenameddavid

Post by someonenameddavid »

I have, unofficially received information that the revised Burt schedule will "be even more awesome" and cause a scarcity of those elegant tangerine colored scarves all over Europe.

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
Alistair

Post by Alistair »

Just found out about Burt's upcoming concert at the Usher Hall in Edinburgh - hardly any seats left but managed to get 2 in the stalls (although at the back). Wonder if Burt remembers performing next door to the Usher Hall at the Lyceum Theatre with Marlene Dietrich in 1964 and 1965?
Can't wait!
Alistair
Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi David,

Any unofficial news on the concert in London? I have not seen it yet on the Royal Festival Hall South Bank Centre web site. I have concert tickets for Glasgow and Edinburgh, but I'm waiting for London to go on sale before I get my airline ticket.

Thanks for any news you can share.
Laura
someonenameddavid

Post by someonenameddavid »

From what I have heard, the response to Burt's tour has been phenomenal already: I am holding of buying our tickets for a couple of weeks in case the tour is extended (;-))

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
nowmedical

Post by nowmedical »

Royal Festival Hall tickets went on sale at 10am this morning to "Members" - you have to pay £27.50 membership fee.

It's already half sold out, despite not being on general sale yet!!!!
Martin Johnson

Post by Martin Johnson »

Thanks nowmedical for the tip-off. The tickets are selling so quickly I think I got mine just in the nick of time. I remember when BB played the RFH in around '96 or '97 he got a standing ovation just by walking on stage. I expect something similar this time if not more because his legend just keeps growing and growing. As always with BB concerts I'm sure it will be both memorable and emotional.
nowmedical

Post by nowmedical »

Agreed. I saw him in Lucca in 2011, and the Italian woman next to burst into tears when he walked (slowly) on stage. Proper full-on tears!
deborah

Post by deborah »

So happy, just booked the RFH . Cannot wait.