New stab at an old topic

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Blair N. Cummings

New stab at an old topic

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

A while back I inquired about a ballet BB was working on with the choreographer Gillian Lynne.
No one then knew (or at any rate, no one posted) anything about it. Has anyone stumbled accross any info since then?

Post by Guest »

It flopped in San Diego several years ago during trials and that was the end of it.
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Did the ballet use all new Bacharach music? Or did it take music from the past and build a ballet around it? (That's what Twyla Tharp did very successfully on Broadway with old Billy Joel music.)

If the music was new Bacharach music and you heard it, how was it? I can't believe no one ever posted a link here to some press report of this ballet. I didn't know anything about it!

God knows I'm living for the Sony CD of new Burt music that's supposed to come out this summer. That's the music he put to Dr. Dre's beats. I honestly am anticipating a big hit CD for Burt. I think the music is gonna be just phenomenal.
Steve S

New stab at old topic

Post by Steve S »

My understanding - based, I think, on the 60 Minutes piece about Burt - was that the proposed collaboration between Burt and Gillian was an updated version of the Snow White tale(!) I couldn't quite figure out what that might look like. I hadn't thought it was to be a ballet but, rather, a musical. I, too, heard it flopped out in San Diego and never went further.