Close To You (Cover)

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

BB4LIFE

Close To You (Cover)

Post by BB4LIFE »

Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd share my latest take on this classic. "Close To You" is one of my favorites from Burt and Hal. My version is nothing too special, but, I like it okay. I'm not really a musician so this will have to do, haha. Hope everyone is doing well. And if you have a listen...thank you very much : )

Take Care,

BB4Life

ron hertel

Re: Close To You (Cover)

Post by ron hertel »

Have not heard from you in a long time! ..... Your love for this song is obvious ............ Keep following your dream and enjoy each and every day!
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour BBLIFE;

Nice going!

Hey, that was my wedding song 40 years ago!

BB4LIFE, when Burt retires, I will have to go to some of your concerts!

Naturally I want to meet the star and get backstage!

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Hi Layne,
Superb....as always !
You have a very rare gift.

Thank you for sharing
"blue"
Djalma Junior

Post by Djalma Junior »

Dear BB4Life,

Beautiful interpretation, with much feeling, capturing and translating what Master Burt Bacharach felt when writing this wonderful song!

Nothing else to say, besides my sincere greetings!

Sincerely,

Djalma Jr.
BB4LIFE

Post by BB4LIFE »

Hey everyone,

Thank you very much for all of the very kind words. Sorry that I'm now just getting back to you. I tried logging on a few weeks ago but was having trouble getting on. And since then I've just been busy and have forgotten all about this post. But thank you all once again for your kindness. I appreciate it. I'm glad you guys liked me take on Burt and Hal's classic.

I'm going to post an original song of mine on a new thread very shortly. It's something I just recently came up with over the last few days. Hope some of you might have a listen to it as well.

All my best to you guys and thanks again.

BB4LIFE