too late to worry

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

too late to worry

Post by guest »

The song "too late to worry" by Richard Anthony, who recorded it in French, English & Italian, was it previously recorded by some singer in English? It appears credited to Bacharach/David as songwriters in the Richard Anthony discography. Thank you.
alexis

Post by alexis »

the song too late to worry was first recorded by babs tino

who´s Babs Tino?

Post by guest »

thank you Alexis for your reply.
Could you please tell me who is Babs Tino? I´ve never heard this name; I guess he´s a male singer but I really don´t know; British , American or from where? was his version a hit somewhere?
I´ll appreciate your answer.

who´s Babs Tino?

Post by guest »

thank you Alexis for your reply.
Could you please tell me who is Babs Tino? I´ve never heard this name; I guess he´s a male singer but I really don´t know; British , American or from where? was his version a hit somewhere?
I´ll appreciate your answer.

Re: who´s Babs Tino?

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:thank you Alexis for your reply.
babs tino was a female singer early sixties (62) she also recorded 4 originals songs by burt bacharach ,keep away from other girls,forgive me for giving you and call off the weeding all arranged by bacharach, but only `forgive me ``is avalaible on cd´ll appreciate your answer.

did Richard anthony sang another lyrics?

Post by guest »

thank you for your reply. Could it be possible that richard anthony recorded "Too late to worry" in English with different lyrics than those written by Hal David? Some people asked this to me, I only have
Richard anthony´s recording of the song, I cannot compare.
aguyinri

Re: too late to worry

Post by aguyinri »

I first heard "Too Late to Worry" when I was a teenager in boarding school in the USA in New Hampshire, where a local radio station played it constantly for about 2 weeks in either 1961 or 1962. The recording was by a girl who sounded just like Helen Shapiro (who was very popular at the time because of "Walking Back to Happiness" that had been a hit in 1961), and the recording was excellent. It was, in fact, much better than the ones by Babs Tino and Richard Anthony (singing in English), which I did not hear until later and did not like. The DJ said the recording was by a new Helen Shapiro, and I thought he meant it was Helen herself releasing a new recording, but not so long ago I got word from Helen that she never recorded the song. After the circa 2-week period,The DJ said on the air that he had to stop playing the record because the record company had withdrawn it. I phoned the radio station afterward but was told they could not tell me anything about the recording because it had been "withdrawn" and the record itself had been sent back to the company. So I never found out who the actual singer was. I contacted Hal David's company a few years ago, and the answer I received stated that they had no list of people who recorded the song. I would like to know if anyone else ever heard the recording that was withdrawn and knows who the singer was.