Soon it will be 8 years!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

An Enormous BB Fan

Soon it will be 8 years!

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

On February 25, 1997, Burt and Elvis appeared together on David Letterman's show. They performed "God Give Me Strength" to promote their new CD entitled "Painted From Memory". I remember seeing that show as if it were yesterday!

I just can't believe that 8 years could have gone by this fast!
igtmfo

Post by igtmfo »

Yes and nightly after I have run through multitudinous women and tapes of girlys for pleasure ... when the house is empty, I always return at the end of the evening to "Sessions at W. 54th" for a real thrill.

Please posters lets petition PBS for the whole session on DVD. The session's VCR (still avail. I think) eliminated the fun Burt/Elvis versions of Burt songs as well as the rest of the songs on the B/El CD that were performed live there. As well as "God Give Me Strength," the high point. They must have run out of cheap VCR standard-lengths blank tape to copy this thing to. Not available on DVD in any form.

Thnx. If you all will indulge me, my current favorite undiscovered best pop tunes in history are: 1. "A Part of Your Life," Charlie Rich. "Your Old Used to Be," Faron Young ... all of Marshall Crenshaw especially, Nick Drake, poppers Badfinger/Big Star/Argent/Zombies/DBs and so forth. The great Beatles tribute/large writers Spongetones from NC. Has anyone noticed the recent interest in the sentimental tune, as a public figure dies like J. Carson, of the Irving Kahal/Sammy Fain tune .. "I'll be seeing you in all the old familiar places .." a nice tune, and a very nice coda and words to round out the musical theme ... my fave underdog is the Easybeats "Shame Just Drained." Every tune is awesome like "Friday on my Mind."

Has the WB LP "Dionne" been put on CD? If you guys don't own this LP, don't accept imitations like a few tunes on a CD, seek it out and buy it, the enormous last gasp of Burt's 60s inspiration on disc. My fave backwater Burt is the Columbia Record Club double LP of 1967, also titled "Dionne" awesome B-sides and unheard stuff, the most heard of these are: "please make me love him," "the last one to be loved," "make the music play," "it's love that really counts' etc. but the rest are fall-down great.