New BB Forum Members

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

nowmedical

New BB Forum Members

Post by nowmedical »

I'd just like to say hello to the several new forum members who have joined recently - for example, Maestrofan, Dionnefan, Missy K, and especially Gill and Don who have already ruffled some feathers. This is really good news for this forum, which a year or so ago we were all discussing as "stale" - see the relevant thread.

On another note, on the basis of Grooverider and GehVorbei's recommendation I found the "Vaults" album by DW and you are so right, "If I Ever Make You Cry" is an absolute gem, but the winner is Blueonblue for recommending "At This Time" - this is unspeakably good over a quality hi-fi. Glass of wine, B&O to volume 4 and just listen to Burt's instrumentation on "Where Did It Go" or the vocals on "Can't Give It Up" (aka The Look of Love). Thanks guys.
Dionnefan

Re: New BB Forum Members

Post by Dionnefan »

Thanks! Actually I have been a member for a while, just don't post all that often. And I do wish there was more activity here, but thank goodness for those of us that are here.
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Thanks, happy you enjoyed "At This Time" !!!

"blue"
gillanddon

Post by gillanddon »

Thank you! I must apologise for getting a bit hot under the colllar but appreciate this fabulous sight and opportunity to express my great love of Burt Bacharch and Hal David music. I have been a fan since I first heard Dionne Warwick singing 'Don't Make Me Over' on my old record player in Bulawayo, Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) in 1964 when I was 14 and I have been a fan ever since!! I have just bought her amazing new CD 'Trust In Your Heart'. Her voice and Burt's influence has conducted me throughout my eventful life.