Burt's New Musical in Workshop Now!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

nymusicalsguy

Burt's New Musical in Workshop Now!

Post by nymusicalsguy »

THE GIFT OF THE MAGI inches one step closer to a full production...fingers crossed, all!

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/14 ... f-the-Magi
Steve Schenck

Re: Burt's New Musical in Workshop Now!

Post by Steve Schenck »

Thanks for the update. Sounds very promising. Poor Burt looks a little worse for wear in the picture, but maybe it's just bad lighting. Of course, doing all he's doing at 82 years of age, he can look however he wants.
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

It's NOT the lighting - it's his healthy eating habits and lifestyle! ......... A diet of double cheeseburgers, fries and chocolate shakes could physically round things out and plump things up! (motivation for me to drop a few!) .......... I'm betting that Burt's "healthy choices" will keep him going for many more years .... and .... provide us with so much more great music! ..... May "The Gift Of The Magi" be just one of many successful projects that lie ahead for Burt!
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

If anyone deserves to live forever, it would have to be Burt. His drive and desire to constantly create new music for the world to love and enjoy is astounding. Think of his contemporaries. You never hear of most of them. They stopped creating music years and years ago, let alone create a new Broadway show while in their 80's. I wish Burt was 30 years old and starting his unbelievable career all over again!
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Burt may not live forever.....but his music certainly will !!! :D

"blue"