Happy 70th Birthday Dionne!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

GehVorbei

Happy 70th Birthday Dionne!

Post by GehVorbei »

Congratulations to the greatest song stylist of the last 50 years, the musical trailblazer who paved the way for EVERYBODY that came after her and to the fiercely independent strong black woman that was not to be made over and that crushed ALL stereotypes.

We all know that 54 years ago on her 16th birthday Dionne's dad took her to the Waldorf Astoria to see Lena Horne perform, that's a tough act to follow. But I hope today her family and friends will give her the greatest birthday ever.

Herzlichen Glückwunsch aus Deutschland, Andreas

l
Dionnefan

Re: Happy 70th Birthday Dionne!

Post by Dionnefan »

YES! Cheers to Miss Warrick on this milestone birthday. I hope she is having a nice party at home in New Jersey. Maybe Cissy came over to celebrate! Viva the Queen of Champagne Soul.
BachtoBacharach

Post by BachtoBacharach »

A happy birthday to Dionne Warwick! She is one of a few of the true "old school" entertainers left and the mark she, Burt and Hal have left on popular music is indelible. The triangle marriage in music has never been matched by anyone else and never will be. She is a true pioneer and in a class all her own. We are all fortunate to have had her be a part of our lives for the past 48 years and may she continue to enjoy life and entertaining! It was 48 years ago this month when Don't Make Me Over began its ascent of the pop and R&B charts and music history was changed forever. As one writer said recently, "Dionne Warwick is a big deal."
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Very best birthday wishes Dionne.......you're priceless !!!

"blue"
gillanddon

Post by gillanddon »

I absolutely agree with your feelings bachtobacharach about us being so fortunate to have the music of Burt Bacharach, Hal David and of course Dionne Warwick in our lives. For me from the age of 14! I was hooked. Happy birthday Dionne!
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Dionne knocked my socks off the very first time I heard her -- and that was when I first heard "Don't Make Me Over" on the radio. I knew then that somone very special had come into my life. And every one of her songs and albums was a gift to me. And as soon as one song came out, I couldn't wait for the next one to come out. No other sing had such an effect on me. She's one-in-a-forever!
gillanddon

Post by gillanddon »

Along those lines, I have just received 'Dionne Warwick Sings Cole Porter' CD for Christmas. Just brilliant!! So look forward to her Sammy Cahn recordings this year .. She interprets all the classic composers like Burt Bacharach effortlessly. Her Cole Porter songs should get far more exposure internationally. Is this Clive Davis's fault with biased Arista marketing programmes?
Djalma Junior

Post by Djalma Junior »

Happy Birthday Ms. Dionne Warwick, chief interpreter of the Master Burt Bacharach.
Together, they add a wonderful duo, where the chords sound sweetly to each bar created by this great genius of Music!

Live long and prosper!