" This Guys in Love "

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

famefan

" This Guys in Love "

Post by famefan »

Just to let you know that Malachi Cush a singer from Fame Academy is singing "This guys in Love "on BBC1 Northern Ireland - First Stop Programme tomorrow .Malachi is currently recording Burt's songs and it will be interesting to hear him hear him sing this one tomorrow night. This programme is a vailable on cable and Sky.

Post by Guest »

Hi,
I watched this programme because of your recommendation and I thought that the Irish singer, Malachi Cush did a wonderful job of singing 'This Guy's in Love'. I noticed that the programme is repeated on wednesday night at 8.30pm on BBC1 Northern Ireland. It can be reached by Sky channel 962 for anyone watching in the UK with digital TV. I can thoroughly recommend you catch the repeat.

I also found his website which has downloads of his singing lots of lovely songs...you have to join to download them but it's well worth checking it out. The addy is:

www.malachimad.com

Post by Guest »

Burt started writing hit songs in 1957 but had to wait for 10 years to get his first
number one, I believe...it was "This guy's in Love with You"-Herb Alpert
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Anonymous wrote:Burt started writing hit songs in 1957 but had to wait for 10 years to get his first
number one, I believe...it was "This guy's in Love with You"-Herb Alpert
I may be wrong on this, but I don't believe you're correct with this. I believe that Burt and Hal had a #1 song with Marty Robbins's "The Story of My Life".

I believe "Magic Moments" went to #1 also.