"Together" soundtrack

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

randytetsuya

"Together" soundtrack

Post by randytetsuya »

I would like to know whether his 1979 soundtrack work titled "Together"
has been in CD, DVD or video. I only have the record.
I had a chance to meet Mr.Burt Bacharach in his dress room when he came to Japan Tour in 1988. I said that I was very happy to know in those days to hear his latest work. He thanked for my comments although made a funny smile and said that it wasn't a success.
The lyrics were written by Paul Anka. Songs were sung by Jackie de Shannon, Michael McDonald and Libby Titus? I was hoping before the release of "Something Big" that it might be included in that set.
gabba

about that...

Post by gabba »

...Burt was really right to smile funny...because in the european market the movie came out with a different soundtrack...the music was played by Goblin(a folk jazz group from Italy)and i know the production was really in trouble...and i know the Maestro was really mad about it.The production was from Italy along with a woman director(whom i know personally),but the problem was that the entire cast was all foregneir and the "political" situation at the time was concerned to have only one foreign star and so...everyone sues everybody and that's it.I mean..this is what i know about!...anyway the original soundtrack is the only thing that function in this mess...CIAO CIAO