Dionne will be on The View...

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

An Enormous BB Fan

Dionne will be on The View...

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Sorry I'm posting this so late. I just saw it in the paper. Dionne is scheduled to be on The View tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.
westgate1

She was wonderful...

Post by westgate1 »

I caught Dionne on the View she was wonderful, and sang "White Christmas" one of the interesting subjects that Dionne was asked about was other of the young crop of divas like Britany Spears, Jessica Simpson and Mariah Carey....Dionne laughed and said I really like Mariah, she has a great voice, and is a good songwriter. Star picked up on the fact that Dionne said nothing regarding the other singers....Star said' Dionne you are so kind, you are musical purist, and you appear to like 'real singers'!! Dionne basically laughed and repeated " I really enjoy Mariah!!
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I saw her, too, of course. When she sang White Christmas, her voice reminded me of the old Dionne... in fact, it reminded me of how she sang "Unlucky".

You did notice, of course, that the audience gave Dionne a standing ovation when she walked in. It was good to see an audience who had a true appreciation of Dionne's place in popular music.

And, you're right... I was laughing at how Dionne answered the question about what she thought of today's singers. She was never one to hold back, now was she? I mean, really! She basically said they're all crap! Except Mariah. I'm laughing now thinking about it!

I wonder if Dionne feels she never got the credit from the Industry that she deserved. I mean, for instance, look at the Kennedy Center Honors. Why was Elton John just honored while neither Dionne, Burt or Hal haven't been honored? Does anyone think that Elton John's music will last longer than Burt Bacharach's? Does anyone think that Elton John is a greater singer than Dionne Warwick? This is really a bone of contention with me!
vincent.cole

Reply to: An Enormous BB Fan

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour 'An Emormous BB Fan;

You are right. It's a total disgrace! I am not taking anything away from Elton John. He had nothing to do with the 'Kennedy Center'. It's the people who are in charge or those who vote!

We have also talked about why, Dionne Burt & Hal are not in the, 'Rocking Roll Hall Of Fame'!!!

In my judgment, it puts a big dark clould over them!

We the true fans know all 3 of them should have been honored years ago!!!

Take care mon ami.

Vincent