Tribute on Ice . . . one year later

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

JR

Tribute on Ice . . . one year later

Post by JR »

It’s been almost a year now since I recorded it last Christmastime. I never get tired of playing it over again and I still like to crank it up all the way. It rates right up there with my Al Green’s “Let’s Stay Togetherâ€￾ from vintage Letterman and the “A Whole New Worldâ€￾ production number from the 1992 Academy Awards telecast. What blows me away is that ‘big sound’ coming from Burt’s relatively compact assemblage of musicians. Burt’s keyboardist is that remarkable component who makes this ‘little band who could’ rival the sound of any major symphony orchestra. If you playback the segment where Burt introduces Michael McDonald you’ll notice McDonald give this man a respectful nod as he walks onto the stage . . . A heavy-hitter! Another thing I got a kick out of were those funky background riffs behind Todd Sand’s and Jenni Meno’s Schmuckers Stars on Ice promo. Does anyone know if Burt had anything to do with arranging and/or performing these?