Amazing

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Pablo

Amazing

Post by Pablo »

I've thought about it this weekend listening the Rhino CD Promises promises/I'll never fall in love again.

Maybe I'm being too obvious or pointless, but these two recordings include this number of amazing songs (among others):

Promises, promises

Whoever you are, I love you

Dream sweet dreamer

Odds and ends

The wine is young

I'll never fall in love again

Loneliness remembers what happiness forgets

Paper maché

Let me go to him

Is it me or are these MONUMENTAL songs the BEST music can be...?
Hank

Re: Amazing

Post by Hank »

Agreed. I've had this thought before. Promises Promises on it's own is such a treasure trove.

One song you neglected to mention is "Who Is Gonna Love Me" - which I think is an under-appreciated classic.

Fantastic chord changes / Phenomenal Dionne vocal / so elegant !
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Pablo & Hank!

As I have previously stated - this along with the 3 other Dionne Warwick Rhino Handmade releases are incomparable and contain some of the very best Bacharach/David compositions.

The "Promises Promises / I'll Never Fall In Love Again" CD contains the absolute best performances of "4" of the original songs from the Broadway play - the 2 title cuts along with "Wanting Things" and "Whoever You Are, I Love You" ........ You would think Rhino could capitalize on the success of the play and figure out some way to promote this double album CD!
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Hank wrote:Agreed. I've had this thought before. Promises Promises on it's own is such a treasure trove.

One song you neglected to mention is "Who Is Gonna Love Me" - which I think is an under-appreciated classic.

Fantastic chord changes / Phenomenal Dionne vocal / so elegant !
You're right... I noticed after posting. Definitely,'Who is gonna love me' is great, too.
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Pablo wrote:Is it me or are these MONUMENTAL songs the BEST music can be...?
Let me chime in here: It is not you. You are 100% correct. Those songs do represent music at its very best! This is why Burt stands atop everyone, just as Shakespeare has in the playwrighting field.