Any Old Time Of The Day Franck Pourcel

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

anyoldtimeofthedayme

Any Old Time Of The Day Franck Pourcel

Post by anyoldtimeofthedayme »

In 1968 there used to be a great Sunday night movie theme that Franck Pourcel and his orchestra recorded about 1966 and that was used as the theme for this late movie called "Cinco 5" at KTLA-TV 5. I used to always watch the Sunday night movie just to hear that brief soundbite of Franck Pourcel performing that song. I have it on an album called, "Beautiful Obcession," by Franck Pourcel. Does anyone out there have information about this 1966 album coming out on CD? Is this recording perhaps on any compelation to date? There were so many great songs used as themes in Los Angeles in the 60s and 70s. Another was "Nikki" used as a theme on Channel 7, but it is very available on CD, not so "Any Old Time Of The Day" except for recordings by Earl Klugh (excellent); Stan Getz (also great) and vocals by Dionne Warwick and French-Egyptain Pop legend, Dalida, both of these are also excellent. Leslie Uggams also recorded this song but it is available only on that LP. Does anyone have any information about an instrumental, orchestral version of "Any Old Time Of The Day" coming out on CD, especially by Franck Pourcel? Is there a French compelation perhaps that Americans don't know about that may have among its tracks this optimistic recording by Pourcel or some other orchestra akin to the Pourcel sound? Also, if anyone knows of Eernie Felice's recording of "Hot Spell" on any CD I would appreciate knowing about it. I would also encourage Burt Bacharach and Hal David to include either "Hot Spell" by Felice or "Any Old Time Of The Day" by Pourcel on one of their hand-picked CD compelations in the future.
Nick Campbell