A House Is Not A Home/Close To You medley

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

BB4LIFE

A House Is Not A Home/Close To You medley

Post by BB4LIFE »

Hey Everyone,

These are my versions of two of my favorite songs written by Burt and Hal. There's no singing, just the piano. It's nothing great but I just love playing these songs. Or at least trying to play them. For the most part I'm playing it all by ear. For the real musicians out there who can really play these classics, my apologies, I do what I can. I can only say that I'm playing them with true passion. Hope everyone is doing well. Take care and happy new year.

BB4LIFE
ron hertel

Re: A House Is Not A Home/Close To You medley

Post by ron hertel »

BB4LIFE:

Thank you for a well spent 7 minutes. You possess a gift that will bring you and others great joy throughout your life. My Mother played piano by ear and I will never forget the great times we had requesting that she play songs she had never heard. We simply sang or hummed a tune and she would bring it to life on her piano. Along with your gift - you have impeccable taste in music! THANK YOU for sharing!
NO APOLOGIES REQUIRED

Ron
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour BB4Life;

Since the Burt Concert has been canceled in West Palm Beach, this is the next best thing!

Thanks mon ami.
Take care;

Vincent
Susan Vincent

Post by Susan Vincent »

I thought it was beautiful, you did very well... I loved it. Keep it coming. :)
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Superb........as always !
You're a "real" musician ! :D

"blue"
Hank

Post by Hank »

I play by ear too but obviously my ears are not as good as yours. I am very envious....
BB4LIFE

Post by BB4LIFE »

Ron,

Thanks for the kind words man. It's my pleasure to share this great music with you. I'm glad you enjoyed my take on it. I played a little bit of it by ear, not all of it, haha. I knew some of the chords to begin with but kind of found my own style and sound along the way. I can't really sit down and just play something. I need time to figure it out. So, yea, there's the truth, haha. But once again glad you enjoyed it and thank you.

Vincent,

That's too bad about Burt. Haha, I don't think this is the next best thing, but, thank you, that's very kind of you to say. Hope all is well with you my friend.

Susan,

Thank you very much. I appreciate your kind words and encouragement. I plan on keeping it coming. Take care. :)

Blue,

Thanks for the encouragement as well, means a lot, I appreciate it. Glad you enjoyed it.

Hank,

Trust me. I'm the one who would probably be envious of you after hearing you play. But thank you. Thanks for the nice comment.