Burt hospitalized????

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

gabba

Burt hospitalized????

Post by gabba »

Hello dear friends,
i just received a new that Burt son Christopher is visiting her dad in hospital.I don't know if the thing is for real or not.
May someone help me to know something about that?thanks a lot.
We fans here in Italy are quite in anxiety.Bye
Fussi

Re: Burt hospitalized????

Post by Fussi »

Happy New Year, gabba!

I didn't heard anything about it. I hope it's not true.

Mark
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

To all;

A very reliable source told me on December 29, 2009, that the West Palm Beach concert on January 29, 2010 was canceled! I would check with the box office at the Kravis Center!

Also;

Burt Bacharach
c/o Linda Dozoretz Communications
8033 Sunset Boulevard — #996
Los Angeles, CA 90046
(323) 656-4499

If it’s true that Burt’s in the hospital, I hope it’s not something very serious! Hey maybe Burt came down with the flu from that Concert he did in Italy on December 19, 2009! :(
Take care;

Vincent
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

First off, I'm praying that none of this is true. Secondly, I just checked the Kravis website (www.kravis.org) and there is no mention of Burt's show being cancelled. You can still purchase tickets on that site. If the show had been cancelled, wouldn't it have been noted on their website?

I also checked Twitter and Google news and there is no mention of Burt being sick. I do believe that it would have been on Twitter, too, since news of Burt's illness would spread on Twitter like wild fire. People are crazy about Burt on Twitter and people are always Tweeting about Burt's music and how much they love it.

Vincent, I cannot doubt your sources because I know how reliable they are -- they're first-hand sources. But I'm confused as to why I can't find anything on the internet to back this up.
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

An Enormous BB Fan;

I did call the Kravis Center December 29, 2009 and they told me the concert was still on! Maybe word has not gotten to them yet! I will check again coming Monday! My source is a very good one! Also when people in show business check into a hospital, they don't use their own name most of the time!
Take care;

Vincent
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

vincent.cole wrote:An Enormous BB Fan;

I did call the Kravis Center December 29, 2009 and they told me the concert was still on! Maybe word has not gotten to them yet! I will check again coming Monday! My source is a very good one! Also when people in show business check into a hospital, they don't use their own name most of the time!
Interesting. It's strange that the Kravis Center hasn't acted upon this information if, indeed, the information is correct. But, as I said before, I know that your sources are not just gossip, so I have to believe that what you report here is accurate. And you're right about famous people using aliases when checking into the hospital. Well, get back to us as soon as you can with an update. I'm just praying that Burt is okay. And let's keep in mind that Rush Limbaugh was reported to a) have had a heart attack and b) have been in serious condition -- and none of that was true.

And let me say something else. Gossip sites like TMZ have a way of finding out things like this -- even if Burt did use another name. That's because they pay off people in hospitals to alert them to things like this. And even those sites have nothing about this.
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

An Enormous BB Fan;

Remember that I indicated that the concert was canceled, not that Burt was in the hospital! I don't spread gossip good or bad! Maybe Gabba can shed more light on this subject?!
Take care;

Vincent
cipus

Post by cipus »

Dear friends, the source of the new about our Burt is on Facebook at the address of his son: Elton Cristopher Bacharach.
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Would any of our friends here on Facebook be able to share Cristopher's comments regarding his dad, as we keep Burt in our thoughts?
mserra

Post by mserra »

I think it would be wise not to spread news that are not verified, or are not officially made pubblic.Other wise it's only Mish-Mash and gossip circulating.

Mario Serra