Someone Please post Hip-O Box Set Update...

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

nateybird

Someone Please post Hip-O Box Set Update...

Post by nateybird »

hello, huge bacharach fan here in boston. Thanks to all who make this website possible, I think it is great. That discography is so thorough and must have been a bit of a challenge to put together, but it has helped me immensely in tracking down some great records!

I keep checking this page and Hip-O's page and never see any more info about the box-set supposedly coming out on Hip-O select.

Is it still coming? Has it been pushed back again? I am so excited about this set. Someone "in the know" please post something!

Thanks!
Nate
aka nateybird
I (heart) burt!
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

I was hoping to get a track listing before I posted an update to the main page of the site, but here's what's I've got:

According to co-producer Jim Pierson, the five-disc set is called "The A&M Years Plus" and it should be released at the very end of September or early October (or at least that was the plan as of Sept. 4).

The set will be available only through the Hip-O Select Web site. Unfortunately, I don't yet have a track listing or price.

Like you, I've been monitoring the Hip-O Select site and like you I'm wondering whether its release is going to get pushed back...