Little Red Book(again)

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

steveo_1965

Little Red Book(again)

Post by steveo_1965 »

Hi,
Been thinking about Little Red Book...Love(the group) took a bizzare little song and turned it into even a more bizzare rock song in the mid 60's....I love Arthur Lee's voice...on the track I don't care for the Burt produced MAnfred Mann version..I like the photos from the session which are on the web.
I know Burt didnt like what Love did to his song, but in more recent times he has
aquiesed a bit on thinking that the version wasnt that bad....
gabba

Re: Little Red Book(again)

Post by gabba »

Hello dear Steve,how are you??
more than that Burt and Manfred did'nt get along very well during the session recording.
Even when they met at the Polar Prize in Stockholm for the tribute to Burt,almost did'nt shake their hands and Burt was still complaining about him....
LOL..
bye Gabba
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Hello back to you, my friend Gabba!
Thanks for the info on Burt and Manfred! Didn't know there was a "clash"between them.
Hope you're doing well!
Best,
Steveo
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

To all;

Have you heard the late Cal Tjader’s instrumental version of, “My Little Red Book?”

I first heard it @ a college party in 1968. You can find it on the CD, Cal Tjader, ‘Sounds Out By Burt Bacharach.' A great sound! The CD is a very good jazz cover of about 10 Burt & Hal songs.
Take care;

Vincent