Burt to appear....

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

An Enormous BB Fan

Burt to appear....

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

in Malaga, Spain.

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/pu ... 0531.shtml

Something else very interesting: If you click on that link, you'll see a picture of Burt. And on the bottom, it says: "Photo -- Bacharachonline.com"

Mark, do they need to get permission from you for that picture? I'm wondering how that works. Anyhow, I thought that was pretty cool. And maybe it will bring more people here, too.

Here's the [very short] article:

"Burt Bacharach to play Malaga in July

The 80 year old songwriter is still going strong

American crooner and songwriter, Burt Bacharach, has confirmed a date at Málaga’s Cervantes Theatre on July 26 as part of a European tour.

The ex husband of Angie Dickinson and writer of such classics as ‘I Say a Little Prayer’, ‘Walk on By’ and ‘Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head’, is still going strong at the age of 80, and apart from Málaga has only one other date in Spain at the Conde Duque Theatre in Madrid."
Sara D

Re: Burt to appear....

Post by Sara D »

Unusual for Burt to play Spain. It would be even more of a rarity if he played in France or Germany, where his profile is very low. I know because I visit both those countries on business and for pleasure a few times every year and it's rare that I see a Bacharach CD in the racks of the big music stores.

I have to say that I loathe it when BB is referred to as a 'crooner' - I suppose we have the first Austin Powers movie to blame for that. Some idiotic so-called newspapers in the UK refer to him as that alone and miss out the songwriter part altogether.