Burt & the SSO: Aust/NZ CD Release - Extra tracks

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Martyn

Burt & the SSO: Aust/NZ CD Release - Extra tracks

Post by Martyn »

This weekend I purchased a locally-released version of Burt's live CD recorded at the Sydney Opera House with the Sydney Symphony last year. It is released by Liberator Music. I had already obtained the Verve CD from QVC last year (with the bonus CD) but this release has the following tracks that aren't on the Verve version, or any other I've seen listed:

Magic Moments
The Story of My Life
The Blob
Tower of Strength
Who are these People (vocals by John Pagano)

Also, this is a two-CD set and the tracks that were on the QVC bonus CD (For the Children, Fallin' Out of Love & Who'll Speak for Love) are included here in the order that they were performed at the concert.

I checked to see if this release is available online and came across the following link:

http://www.cdonline.com.au/?event=searc ... =LIB69CD_1

Martyn
Rio

Re: Burt & the SSO: Aust/NZ CD Release - Extra tracks

Post by Rio »

Thanks, Martyn. I placed my order today!
(My copy is one that is/was available in Bz with only one CD, no For The Children etc.)
David_Noble

Post by David_Noble »

And it is also available for download in the iTunes Store (at least the Australian iTunes store) - including the extra tracks.

Dave
David_Noble

Post by David_Noble »

It is interesting on the iTunes version of the album. One track is "A House is not a Home" and is listed as nearly 12 minutes long. This track is only available if you purchase the album. Well - the last 7 minutes and 40 seconds is the magnificent extended version of "For the Children", which is then followed by the shorter version (3:21) on the next track.

Dave
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Dave,

I have noticed this also on the CD.

But there is only one version of 'For the Children'. The piece runs for almost 11 minutes.

The split that should occur between tracks 11 (A House is Not a Home) and 12 (For the Children), to enable selection of track 12, seems to have been mistakenly placed at a point in 'For the Children' where a momentary pause occurs (between seven and eight minutes into the piece) just as the melody heard at the start is about to be reprised.

Martyn
europaboy

Post by europaboy »

Thanks Martyn.
You gave me a really valuable information.
The CD has arrived from Australia yesterday!
Now I'm listening Sydney live, and celebrating Burt's birthday from Tokyo.
:)

europaboy
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

You are most welcome.

And what great timing for the delivery - with the CD arriving just in time for the maestro's birthday!

Martyn.
Rio

Post by Rio »

I am still looking forward to receiving mine. Yesterday I received a new sound system, and guess what its most important use will be??
You were very fortunate, europaboy.
I will now play the other Sidney Live I have. Good idea! (I was afraid of playing some of the other albums I have. I don't know. He's so good, his music touches me so deeply. I think that today I can deal with a recent live performance better.)
europaboy

Post by europaboy »

Hello Martyn,
It was really good timing for me that yesterday was
the 80th birthday of my mother too. She loves Burt's music too.
"For The Children", it was worth having endured it during half a year.
The emotion of concert in Tokyo is recalled with hearing the CD.

Nice to see you Rio,
Always watching your posting. I'm long-term readership of here. Your really Bacharachian just like me.
Tokyo is nearer from Australia than Brazil I think.
Please wait for a moment. There's absolutely value to wait for your new audio system!

My best regards in the future. :D
Rio

Post by Rio »

europaboy,

I am glad to know I have a soulmate in Tokyo. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

If the sound system were a dog, it would be drivelling really bad now...