The album "Woman" is a masterpiece

The Bacharach Top 10 Forum is designed for fans to post lists of their personal Bacharach favorites--their favorite songs, favorite interpretors, favorite albums, favorite arrangements, etc. Feel free to be creative with your lists.

Moderator: mark

LSE

The album "Woman" is a masterpiece

Post by LSE »

Just bought "Futures", "Living Together" and "Woman" on CD from a seller in Taiwan. They were expensive, but worth every penny. I have been trying to find these albums on CD for about 15 years now. I put "Woman" on last night and it sounded like the Houston Symphony Orchestra was in my living room! I had goosebumps listening to the whole CD! BB is such an amazing man with so much talent. It is so wonderful to be able to enjoy these albums on CD now.
JackG

Re: The album "Woman" is a masterpiece

Post by JackG »

I see it's been 8 years since this was posted, but I want to whole heartedly agree. I collect classical, Sinatra & Crosby, the Beatles and select rock and roll writers, and there is nothing I have that's like Woman. A friend found copies of the LP, then the CD somewhere decades ago, and we both still play it.
It's endlessly creative with tons of energy, and it's Burt freaking Bacharach. Can't wait for the new EP.