A Lifetime Of Loneliness

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Henry Dee

A Lifetime Of Loneliness

Post by Henry Dee »

Hello all Burt fans. How are you? Yes, I am working on a new show and practiced “A Lifetime Of Loneliness“ this week.
I sang it with two back-up singers. The harmony part was done with the three of us and must say it truly is a gorgeous song.
Melody has that melancholy to it that Burt was so masterful at in his composing. Another thrill a few months back was when I went to see Randy Edelman
at The City Winery in NY and saw Jackie DeShannon walk into the room! One of my favorite singers of all time. Love that emotional touch to her voice. Unique and unforgettable. Look forward to performing “A Lifetime Of Loneliness“ and “A Sinner‘s Devotion“ (the single I did last year) in the new show.
blueonblue

Re: A Lifetime Of Loneliness

Post by blueonblue »

Hi Henry,
This may interest you, it's a radio podcast devoted to Bacharach's music it contains some very rare Burt and Jackie "demo's"....they start at 2:02:30.
Hope you enjoy them.

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/come ... 2_22-08_00

'blue'
Henry Dee

Post by Henry Dee »

Hey Blue,
I listened and loved every bit of that posting. Thank you very much for sharing. SO wonderful to hear Burt Bacharach teaching the song to Jackie DeShannon. What a find! Hope everything is great with you!
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Henry Dee wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:38 pm Hey Blue,
I listened and loved every bit of that posting. Thank you very much for sharing. SO wonderful to hear Burt Bacharach teaching the song to Jackie DeShannon. What a find! Hope everything is great with you!
Henry,
You're very welcome, just happy to share. :D

'blue'
Henry Dee

Post by Henry Dee »

Hey Friends, If there are any New York members here, I just wanted to share that I will be performing a show at
The Laurie Beechman Theatre in NYC on August 4, 2023. Name of the show is “A Date With Soul“ which salutes soul and r and b
of the 60‘s and 70‘s. Will be performing “A Sinner“s Devotion“ and “A Lifetime of Loneliness“ as part of the setlist.

Here is a link to the theatre website:
https://www.westbankcafe.com/laurie-beechman-theatre

and here is a copy of my flier:

Cheers to all!
Henry