Thanks For Everything

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

nowmedical

Thanks For Everything

Post by nowmedical »

Thanks for everything. My hero.
RIP
geoff85

Re: Thanks for everything.

Post by geoff85 »

Its weird I knew this day would come eventually but its still a bit sad. Burt was magic. Im so grateful for him sharing his creativity and genius with the world. We were so fortunate to have had him so lucky. It is truly the end of an era
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Words fail.
Except for those comprising this forum which, for all of the occasional contentiousness, will remain a major testimony to the effect his music had on so many.
face

Post by face »

How lucky we are to have been able share our time on Earth with Burt. His music will live forever. May my (our) hero rest in peace after a job well done.
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Burt's music changed my life and I can never thank him enough.
My condolences to all Burt's family and friends.
A huge loss.
R.I.P. Maestro.

'blue'
Djalma Junior

Post by Djalma Junior »

No words on. :(
Our Master, Father and Friend.
Your Music is Eternal.
Thanks for Everything Burt.
harrymcc

Post by harrymcc »

I’m glad he lived. I’m glad he lived so long. I’m glad I saw him perform live about a dozen times. I’m glad I met him briefly and he was nice enough to sign my iPod. I’m glad that I will probably be discovering songs of his I’d never heard for the rest of my life.
Andre B

Post by Andre B »

We knew this day had to come. Sadly it happened today. I had the good fortune to meet him several times over the years and to see him perform with some of the county's greatest orchestras. RIP Burt.
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Im beyond sad...I knew this day was coming but one isn't really ready for something like this...
RIP Maestro
Hank

Post by Hank »

When will we see (or hear) your like again ?
igtmfo33

Post by igtmfo33 »

Heartbroken. Was planning to post an old vid, now I know Burt will never see it, and that hurts. Gave all to the end, reminiscent of Jeff Beck. We'll never see the like of Burt's music quality and output again. So appreciative thank you Burt.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

The world became a little less graceful today. I owe Mr. Bacharach—-and Hal David—-not only a lot of personal solace, but a creative redirection, as well.

You changed my life and enriched beyond all measure.

Rest Well, Maestro.
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

... There are no words other than "Thank You". ... I admired Burt's work before I even knew he existed (Gene Pitney, Perry Como, Marty Robbins, Chuck Jackson). ... I eventually put 2 and 2 together when Burt - along with Hal and Dionne - formed that enduring "Triangle Marriage" (as Dionne refers to it) in the early 60's ... Condolences to Burt's family, friends and those who worked closely with him!
Marcel

Post by Marcel »

BURT, thank you so much for all these great songs. You were and will always be my music hero! R.I.P. BURT. You will live forever in many hearts with youre songs! There`s a heaven above...

THANK YOU BURT!!

Marcel
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

I wish I had more to say, but thanks is a good start. His music -- and life -- brought me joy. I'm happy to have had the chance to meet him a few times and, just as importantly, meet fellow fans from around the world whose love and fandom exceed mine by an exponential degree. I'm hopeful fans will visit this forum in the coming days to share their feelings and memories and, of course, favorites songs. May he rest in peace and may his memory be a blessing.