Dionne Warwick's documentary "Don't Make Me Over" will be on CNN new years day.

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

geoff85

Re: Dionne Warwick's documentary "Don't Make Me Over" will be on CNN new years day.

Post by geoff85 »

Saw the documentary. Was a bit underwhelming from a musical standpoint. Would have liked to see much more of the sausage making between her and Bacharach/David. I did learn a few new things about Dionne. I never knew she played piano that well and could sight sing even though I was aware she was conservatory trained. While I haven't heard anything to the contrary of her being professional you can tell she has always been a give it to you straight type who don't take any mess. I would still recommend to the casual Dionne fan but super duper Burt aficionados may find it wanting.
harrymcc

Re: Dionne Warwick's documentary "Don't Make Me Over" will be on CNN new years day.

Post by harrymcc »

It was thin on the sort of details we would have liked, but I liked it a lot for the vintage footage--much of which I'd never seen.
Alistair

Post by Alistair »

Just a heads-up to let UK readers know that BBC TWO will be showing this documentary at 8.40pm on Saturday 4th March, followed at 10.15pm by an extended "Dionne Warwick at the BBC" compilation programme, which runs for 89 minutes. Both are "must watches"!