latest news

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

nowmedical

latest news

Post by nowmedical »

Latest Instagram post from Burt's camp
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 16.56.33.png
Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 16.56.33.png (206.44 KiB) Viewed 3664 times
Sara D

Re: latest news

Post by Sara D »

I wonder that after nearly three years off the road Burt has decided that he can live without all the hassle of touring?
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

... Totally understandable - Those of us in the 4th Quarter of life find ourselves in a similar situation (even the hassle of attending concerts can be a real challenge) - I've had the pleasure of attending many many Burt Bacharach as well as Dionne Warwick and joint Bacharach/Warwick Concerts over the past 50+ years. Such memorable experiences for those of us who have followed them through the years - continually adding to their body of work and bringing back such great memories of their early years. ... For the sake of Burt's younger fanbase - I hope there are still some limited forthcoming performances to look forward to. ... I'll plan be there as well!

Ron
pljms

Post by pljms »

As long as he's physically able to walk on stage there must be a good chance that Bacharach will continue to give the occasional concert close to home in cities like LA and San Diego. Alas, I think that it's highly unlikely that we'll see him again in the UK, where he was always guaranteed packed houses in the biggest concert halls. I last saw him perform in July 2018, not in London but in Berlin at the Admiralspalast and if I had to nominate a favourite show of his of the dozens I attended over the years I'd choose that one. It was his first time in the city since the early 1960s when he was Marlene Dietrich's MD and the very long (135 minutes) and wide-ranging set included a couple of hits that I'd not heard before at a Bacharach concert, Message To Michael and Stronger Than Before, and received a rapturous response from the audience. I spoke to dozens of people before and after the concert and they were all long-term Bacharach fans who'd all virtually given up hope that he would ever give a concert in their home city.
Paul