Is it possible to choose a fave Bacharach song?

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

geoff85

Is it possible to choose a fave Bacharach song?

Post by geoff85 »

Wouldn't that be up there with choosing your fave child? Well If i must I would probably choose Dionne Warwick's The Begginning of Loneliness. Its like a cannon buried under flowers its starts out mellow and just builds into the chorus with so much dramatic flair and the timpani drums are just immaculate. Anyone?

ron hertel

Re: Is it possible to choose a fave Bacharach song?

Post by ron hertel »

geoff85:

... I agree with your analogy - can't pick a fave child! ... "Beginning of Loneliness" was the track that grabbed me when I purchased the Windows of the World album back in the mid 60's. ... Still love it along with so many other Bacharach gems. ... Most of my favorites are the recordings that were not commercially successful but - so complex and sophisticated. ... I've admired Bacharach's work since the late 50's before I even knew his name or that he existed. ... I put 2 and 2 together when Burt, Dionne and Hal David launched their unmatched string of successes in the early 60's.
Have you ever listened to Gene Pitney's "Fool Killer"?

Ron
geoff85

Re: Is it possible to choose a fave Bacharach song?

Post by geoff85 »

ron hertel wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:27 pm geoff85:

... I agree with your analogy - can't pick a fave child! ... "Beginning of Loneliness" was the track that grabbed me when I purchased the Windows of the World album back in the mid 60's. ... Still love it along with so many other Bacharach gems. ... Most of my favorites are the recordings that were not commercially successful but - so complex and sophisticated. ... I've admired Bacharach's work since the late 50's before I even knew his name or that he existed. ... I put 2 and 2 together when Burt, Dionne and Hal David launched their unmatched string of successes in the early 60's.
Have you ever listened to Gene Pitney's "Fool Killer"?

Ron
Hi Ron,

I have heard that song fairly recently for the first time. Anything prominent about it?