The one Burt single I cannot locate

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

BarryPugh47

The one Burt single I cannot locate

Post by BarryPugh47 »

Being, like most of us on this forum, a lifelong admirer of Burt, there has always been one track that nobody seems to have, and is never mentioned. It is a single by Sylvaine Clair on Polydor 247008 (1970). Can anybody throw any light on this rarity?
pljms

Re: The one Burt single I cannot locate

Post by pljms »

Barry, the title was 'Do Not Speak To Me Of Love' and Bacharach wrote the song with Hal David, more than that I couldn't tell you and I certainly can't remember ever hearing it.
Paul
Davide Bonori

Post by Davide Bonori »

Barry,
the Sylvain Clair single is mentioned in 2 books (Robin Platt "Burt Bacharach & Hal David" and Michael Brocken "Bacharach: maestro the life of a pop genius").
In my opinion just like Bobby Russell's "Peaches don't grow on a cherry tree" it's a mission impossible!
pljms

Post by pljms »

Another known recording of a Bacharach song that nobody seems to have heard and that we are unlikely to hear anytime soon is Nat Wright's 'Path Of Pride' released on ABC-Paramount in early 1960. Bacharach penned the song with lyricist Fred Tobias, one of two numbers of theirs that were known to be published, the other being the unrecorded 'Two Figures On A Wedding Cake'.
Paul
Jim Dixon

Post by Jim Dixon »

BarryPugh47 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:57 am Being, like most of us on this forum, a lifelong admirer of Burt, there has always been one track that nobody seems to have, and is never mentioned. It is a single by Sylvaine Clair on Polydor 247008 (1970). Can anybody throw any light on this rarity?
Are you sure about the catalog number 247008? Sylviane Clair appears to have released very few recordings (possibly only 1 45rpm), and Polydor – 540.532 a French language version of "I'll Never Fall in Love Again" released as "Ne Me Parlez Plus D'amour". Ironically, in parenthesis under the French title on the 45 rpm label is a translated version of the French title ("Do Not Speak to Me of Love") rather than the original English title.

https://www.discogs.com/release/2457105 ... Love-Again