1970 Burt Kraft Music Hall special

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

harrymcc

1970 Burt Kraft Music Hall special

Post by harrymcc »

This has only been on YouTube for four months, and I’m not sure if it’s been shared here yet:

Guests are Joel Grey, Sacha Distel, and Dionne. As its title on YT indicates, this is a bad, glitchy recording—but I’m glad that someone who had a VCR taped it off the air 52 years ago, and that it’s made its way to the internet.

Does anyone have a definitive list of Burt TV specials—at least from this general era?
pljms

Re: 1970 Burt Kraft Music Hall special

Post by pljms »

harrymcc, there were no less than eleven Bacharach TV specials that were broadcast between 1965 and 1977 and in chronological order they were:

The Bacharach Sound (May 1965, UK only). Guests: Dusty Springfield, Chuck Jackson, Dionne Warwick, The Searchers, The Merseybeats, The Breakaways & Hal David.

Kraft Music Hall Presents The Sound Of Burt Bacharach (November 1969). Guests: Lena Horne, Tony Bennett & Edward Villela.

Kraft Music Hall Presents An Evening With Burt Bacharach (June 1970). Guests: Joel Grey, Dionne Warwick & Sacha Distel.

Kraft Music Hall: Bacharach Is Back (July 1970). Guests: Dusty Springfield, Juliet Prowse & Mireille Mathieu.

Singer Presents A Bacharach Potpourri (March 1971). Guests: Barbra Streisand, Tom Jones & Rudolph Nureyev.

Burt Bacharach: Close To You (April 1972). Guests: Isaac Hayes, Rex Harrison & Cilla Black.

Chevrolet Presents Burt Bacharach And Associates (November 1972). Guests: Vikki Carr, Anthony Newley & Sammy Davis Jr.

Burt Bacharach In Shangri-La (January 1973). Guests: The 5th Dimension, Richard Harris, Chris Evert & Bobby Van.

Burt Bacharach Opus 3 (October 1973). Guests: Peter Ustinov, Bette Midler, Stevie Wonder & Gilbert O'Sullivan.

Chevrolet Presents Burt Bacharach 1974 (January 1974). Guests: Roger Moore, Jack Jones, The Harlem Globetrotters & Sandy Duncan.

Burt Bacharach In Concert In Edmonton (1977). Guest: Joshie Armstead

To my knowledge just three of the specials have been posted in their entirety on YouTube, the one featured in this thread plus Burt Bacharach And Associates from November 1972 and In Concert In Edmonton. The only special that doesn't appear to have any excerpts at all posted on YouTube is the one from 1969 featuring Tony Bennett and Lena Horne and it's the only one of the eleven that I don't ever recall seeing on TV.
Paul