New Bacharach & Tashian songs.

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Davide Bonori

New Bacharach & Tashian songs.

Post by Davide Bonori »

Coming tomorrow 2 new songs by Burt Bacharach & Daniel Tashian: "Moon over Wichita" e "Heartbreak storm".
Attachments
Schermata 2022-03-31 alle 09.01.59.jpg
Schermata 2022-03-31 alle 09.01.59.jpg (159.13 KiB) Viewed 3998 times
blueonblue

Re: New Bacharach & Tashian songs.

Post by blueonblue »

'blue'
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Well, these are nice enough, if not especially memorable.
For some reason, Tashian`s voice is starting to annoy me a little. There`s something bland and...suburban about it. To my ears, it makes a lot of what he sings sound almost alike. To be sure, it`s an improvement over that of "Elvis Costello", but I miss the latter`s lyrics.
And which black hole did Melody Federer drop into?
Peter Greenhill

Post by Peter Greenhill »

I like these two songs and they are nice additions to the nine Bacharach/Tashian songs already released. Burt is 94 next month and we are so fortunate that he is still working and releasing quality songs. They may not be of the standard of Alfie or Walk On By, very few songs are, but they are still excellent imo.
Djalma Junior

Post by Djalma Junior »

Two more beautiful songs by Master Burt.
There are people who should live 200, 300 years or even much longer.
Burt Bacharach is one of those people!

Regards,
Djalma Jr
Hank

Post by Hank »

Interesting Blair's comments about Daniel Tashian's voice, Elvis Costello's voice.
Agree re- Tashian...
I was reflecting this week how Burt is so associated with great singers - yet the Herb Alpert (no vocal pedigree) version of This Guy's in Love With You is so affecting.
It's a lot to do with the strength of the song....but it has a lot to do with Herb's interpretation too.
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

I think that Herb`s vocal on this (and "To Wait For Love") was very carefully coached by Burt and you can hear it in the inflections. The same was true for B. J.`s rendering of "Raindrops..." and "...Out of Town" (not so much on "long Ago Tomorrow" or"...Scranton, PA").
And wasn`t Bob Dylan going to record "This Guy..."? :)