How many songs are composed by Burt to present day?

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Djalma Junior

How many songs are composed by Burt to present day?

Post by Djalma Junior »

Dear friends,

Since 1970 I have known and listened to the songs of Burt Bacharach.

Sure, Burt has written many songs to present day, but how many approximately?

Anyone who can bring any information about it, I thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Djalma Jr.
Roberto de la Garza

Re: How many songs are composed by Burt to present day?

Post by Roberto de la Garza »

Hello!
I've been adding songs to my database and at present there are more than 700 songs.
Saludos desde Monterrey, México
Djalma Junior

Post by Djalma Junior »

Dear Roberto,

Thanks for your attention, he certainly wrote around 700 songs (or more), however I would like to know exactly how many songs were written by Burt.
I hope to find out the exact amount.

Sincerely,
Djalma Jr
BarryPugh47

Post by BarryPugh47 »

Hello Roberto and Djalma.
Your posts are irresistible! I felt I had to respond when you mention 700 songs or more. There is little me in the UK thinking I had one of the biggest collections in the world of Burt's DIFFERENT songs. I possess only 539 DIFFERENT songs. If anyone else owns (on CD or vinyl) anymore than that total I would love to hear from them. Perhaps they could submit their listing to me, and in return, I will submit my listing to them! So, with all the stuff going on in the world, the challenge is on!!
All the very best to you both.
Sara D

Post by Sara D »

I presume the term "song" means this thread is only concerned with anything with lyrics attached to it? I only ask because if you go onto YouTube you'll see everything called a "song" these days, even symphonies and concertos! It sometimes seems to me that the only things not called "songs" now are actual songs!
Martin Johnson

Post by Martin Johnson »

This is where erstwhile member of this forum Stefan Wesley's Hitmaker Archive is so sadly missed. He catalogued every known recording of every known Bacharach composed work, making the distinction between songs and instrumentals.