Blue Umbrella with 2 bonus tracks

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Davide Bonori

Blue Umbrella with 2 bonus tracks

Post by Davide Bonori »

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SICX- ... 99aed3d644

The Japanese cd version of Blue Umbrella contains 2 bonus tracks: "21st century man" and "Quiet place".

blueonblue

Re: Blue Umbrella with 2 bonus tracks

Post by blueonblue »

Davide Bonori wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:51 pm
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SICX- ... 99aed3d644

The Japanese cd version of Blue Umbrella contains 2 bonus tracks: "21st century man" and "Quiet place".
Thanks David, let's hope the "bonus tracks" soon appear on 'youtube'.

'blue'

Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

No, I couldn`t afford this exorbitantly priced thing either - but I ordered it anyway. Given the scathing review of the American product (NOT the music) on Amazon, I`m glad I did. This is a genuine CD on a Sony imprint (Yellow Dog) and contains printed lyrics, full production and musician credits and what I believe is a transcript of an interview (and mutual ass-kissing) I saw somewhere on line.
The new songs are fully of a piece with the original five, although seem to have been recorded a bit later.
If you can bite the bullet, it`s worth the expense.

Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Just to dispel some of the mystery, the female singers throughout are Sarah Buxton and Jessie Baylin. If anyone knows who either of them is, please let us know.

pljms

Post by pljms »

Blair, I've Googled their names and discovered that Sarah Buxton is a country singer in her early 40s who had several minor hits on the country charts between 2006 and 2010, while Jessie Baylin is a singer-songwriter in her mid-30s who's released three or four albums of what's described as an amalgam of different 'rootsy' styles. I listened to a couple of tracks by each artist on YouTube and discovered that they both have the kind of generic high-pitched voice we've come to expect from country or country influenced female singers in recent times and that musically the songs were pretty formulaic with simple chord progressions, not the sort of thing to get your average Bacharach fan's pulse racing.
Paul