New Dionne items

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

alistair

New Dionne items

Post by alistair »

Have just got hold of the recently-released CD "An Evening With Dionne Warwick" and its companion DVD. Both feature Dionne's 2003 Syracuse Jazz festival performance - loads of Bacharach/David goodies - and the DVD has an interview with Dionne, backstage rehearsal footage, biography, discography and web links.
Also just received the book "Dionne Warwick: My Point Of View", which has lots of pictures, brief insights - and a 4-track CD. One of the tracks is the Bacharach/David song "In Between The Heartaches" (a recent re-recording). Also on the CD: "What A Fool Believes","If I Want To" and "Bold & Beautiful".
So, it's been a Dionne week here in Scotland!
warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

I am so glad that her book "My Point Of View" has finally been released.
What's your review?
BurtsDaBomb

Post by BurtsDaBomb »

I'm not able to find this book anywhere on-line. Where is it available? :shock:
Alistair

My Point Of View - Dionne's new book

Post by Alistair »

I ordered mine from the Dionne Warwick website:
http://www.dionnewarwick.info/
Jason

More about the book, please

Post by Jason »

Alistair, I would love to hear more about the book. Are the pictures rare, or shots what we've seen a million times? Are the insights extensive and well thought out? Is it worth the $60 price? I'm disappointed that the bonus CD is only 4 tracks--4 tracks that we've heard before, no less. I hope the book itself is a treat.