Jessica Radcliffe sings Bacharach at The Bull's Head in Barnes

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

pljms

Jessica Radcliffe sings Bacharach at The Bull's Head in Barnes

Post by pljms »

The singer Jessica Radcliffe and her trio are performing an evening of Bacharach at the Bull's Head in Barnes on Sunday evening 17th of November. I remember seeing Jessica on the British TV quiz show The Chase a few years ago talking about how she wanted to further her career as a jazz singer. Here's the link:

https://tickets.thebullsheadbarnes.com/ ... ead-barnes
Paul
pljms

Re: Jessica Radcliffe sings Bacharach, Bull's Head in Barnes

Post by pljms »

Here's a short video promo from a few years ago featuring Jessica singing 'East of the Sun, West of the Moon'. On this evidence she does have a beautiful tone to her voice:

Paul
pljms

Re: Jessica Radcliffe sings Bacharach at the Bull's Head - Gig Review

Post by pljms »

Apart from the usual suspects from Bacharach's repertoire - What The World Needs Now, The Look Of Love, I'll Never Fall in Love Again, Alfie, Close to You, Walk On By, This Guy's in Love With You, Wives And Lovers, A House is Not a Home and I Say A Little Prayer - she and her trio of fine jazz musicians performed a spirited version of Something Big. Pleased to report that the small music room at the Bull's Head was pretty much packed, no mean achievement for a Sunday evening in November. As mentioned before on this thread, Jessica has a lovely tone to her voice and a natural jazz feel but I got the impression that this Bacharach show was probably a one-off which is a shame because she and her band clearly love this material and were able to do it justice with ease.
Paul
pljms

Re: Jessica Radcliffe sings Bacharach in 2021

Post by pljms »

For those of you who like me live in the London area, I'm pleased to say that singer Jessica Radcliffe is returning to the Bull's Head with her Bacharach show this Sunday afternoon (November 14th) at 2.30pm, almost exactly two years to the day since the last time. According to the link below, on this occasion she will be performing with a quintet rather than a trio:

https://tickets.thebullsheadbarnes.com/ ... ead-barnes
Paul
Sara D

Re: Jessica Radcliffe sings Bacharach at The Bull's Head in Barnes

Post by Sara D »

We saw Jessica Radcliffe and her group at the Pizza Express in Soho a few weeks after her gig at the Bull's Head in 2019 and were really impressed at how comfortable she seemed with Bacharach's often tricky material. As for this Sunday lunchtime, we're going to wait to see how we feel on the day.