Burt at the North Sea Jazz Festival 071219

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Marcel

Burt at the North Sea Jazz Festival 071219

Post by Marcel »

Burt with his son Oliver
IMG-20190712-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20190712-WA0015.jpg (213.43 KiB) Viewed 13985 times
Last Friday, Burt and his band performed at the North Sea Jazz Festival in the Netherlands.
It was great to see my music hero performing for the second time on this event.
The last time, and for the first time that i saw him live, in 2009 he performed a few songs with Traincha. She did two albums "The Look Of Love and Who`ll Speak For Love" with him then . Last Friday she sang "Falling Out Of Love" she did a great job. Burt gave her many compliments before and after. It was amazing and asthonising to see him still performing at his age. Still the driven and passion Burt. Sure he is not the youngest anymore and i have a deep respect for him, 91 yrs young and still writing and performing all over the world. And it is lovely how proud he is of his son Oliver who is travelling and care for his dad with the touring and to be on stage. BURT a great thank you and a very, very deep respect for all those great songs that you have written. Also thank you to his other collaborators, and especially for the late HAL DAVID as BURT spoke about him, and told that he was a very great lyricist. Thank you of beïng the soundtrack of my life with youre songs!

Kind Regards,

Marcel :D
blueonblue

Re: Burt at the North Sea Jazz Festival 071219

Post by blueonblue »

Marcel wrote:Burt with his son Oliver
IMG-20190712-WA0015.jpg
Last Friday, Burt and his band performed at the North Sea Jazz Festival in the Netherlands.
It was great to see my music hero performing for the second time on this event.
The last time, and for the first time that i saw him live, in 2009 he performed a few songs with Traincha. She did two albums "The Look Of Love and Who`ll Speak For Love" with him then . Last Friday she sang "Falling Out Of Love" she did a great job. Burt gave her many compliments before and after. It was amazing and asthonising to see him still performing at his age. Still the driven and passion Burt. Sure he is not the youngest anymore and i have a deep respect for him, 91 yrs young and still writing and performing all over the world. And it is lovely how proud he is of his son Oliver who is travelling and care for his dad with the touring and to be on stage. BURT a great thank you and a very, very deep respect for all those great songs that you have written. Also thank you to his other collaborators, and especially for the late HAL DAVID as BURT spoke about him, and told that he was a very great lyricist. Thank you of beïng the soundtrack of my life with youre songs!

Kind Regards,

Marcel :D
I'll second that !

'blue'