'LISA' ?

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

blueonblue

'LISA' ?

Post by blueonblue »

I've often wondered who Bacharach and David were referring to in the title of this song ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l3msBQ0C3M

'blue'
pljms

Re: 'LISA' ?

Post by pljms »

blue, in Serene Dominic's book, Burt Bacharach: Song By Song, "Lisa" is compared to the character of Holly Golightly from 'Breakfast At Tiffany's - lovely, alluring and alone. Rather than being about one specific woman, famous or otherwise, I'd say it's more than likely about beautiful women in general and the intimidation men can feel in their presence. After more than fifty years it remains an anomaly in Bacharach and David's catalogue.
Paul
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Paul, thank you for the info.
Apparently a Danish artist named Jorgen Ingmann recorded a "cover version" I've never heard it, as anyone else ?

'blue'
pljms

Post by pljms »

blue, this recording is so rare that not even Stefan Wesley, a former member of this parish and a well-known Bacharach collector and archivist, had a copy. I'm beginning to suspect that the only people who might have heard it are Mr Ingmann's nearest and dearest.
Paul
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

pljms wrote:blue, this recording is so rare that not even Stefan Wesley, a former member of this parish and a well-known Bacharach collector and archivist, had a copy. I'm beginning to suspect that the only people who might have heard it are Mr Ingmann's nearest and dearest.
Paul,
I guess we'll never know ?

'blue'