CONTANTE AND SONANTE BRAND NEW CD

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

aspprod

CONTANTE AND SONANTE BRAND NEW CD

Postby aspprod » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:32 am

The most exciting news of the year so far for all Bacharach admirers comes from the highly respected Spanish CD Company Contante and Sonante. Next month (May 15) they will be releasing original demos of Burt's collaboration with Tonio K. There are 14 songs including performances by two of my favourite vocalists, Bill Champlin and Warren Wiebe, and one by Burt himself. This set is limited to 1000 copies. Don't miss it!

Bruce Bernard Williams

Re: CONTANTE AND SONANTE BRAND NEW CD

Postby Bruce Bernard Williams » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:52 am

Thanks for sharing the great news, aspprod! The two vocalists you mentioned happens to be favorites of mine as well. I can't wait. Wonder if “Change My Mind” recently done by Billy Valentine and also featured on an episode of “The Nanny” could possibly be included? That song is one of my very favorites of the Maestro's. Aspprod, if you have an advanced play-list, would you please share it with us?

aspprod

Postby aspprod » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Good news for you Bruce. I am pretty confident that "Change My Mind" by Billy Valentine will be included. The demos cover the years 1995-2008. Good to hear also that you like Bill Champlin and Warren Wiebe. Living here in England, there are not too many people who have even heard of these vocalists. I wonder if you also like the underrated vocalists Michael Ruff, Phil Perry and Marc Jordan? Anyway, I'm sure you will be delighted with this CD. Yours truly (my name is Barry) should be mentioned on the liner notes!!

Alistair

Postby Alistair » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:42 am

I would never have known about this release - so many thanks. Already pre-ordered from the Contante and Sonante website!

Alistair

Return to “The Burt Bacharach Forum”