What Ever Happened to "Po"?

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Blair N. Cummings

What Ever Happened to "Po"?

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

This thing was shown at a couple film festivals over the past year but doesn`t seem scheduled for general release; and there`s still no sign of a soundtrack album. Does anyone have any inside info?
David_Noble

Re: What Ever Happened to "Po"?

Post by David_Noble »

There is a Facebook page for the film which has updates about screenings (at Film Festivals). They do say "it will have a limited run in Los Angeles November 25th to Dec. 1st". They have a link to a report which outlines how Bacharach got to be involved in the film, and a video of the song "Dancing With Your Shadow" preformed by Sheryl Crow. Here is the link -

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/o ... ace-933179

Dave
Blair N. Cummings

Thank you, Dave.
The question remains, `though, why the film hasn`t been more widely seen after all this time. Is there a problem finding a distributor? Does the thing just suck? I recall that the soundtrack for the doomed Lost Horizon was released before the film. Couldn`t history repeat itself?
JASHER

Post by JASHER »

Hi Blair Cummings,

The film does not suck, but thanks for you kind words.

As you my not know everything is all about timing. With Po, we are busy working on an Oscar and Golden Globe campaign to get Burt nominated for is incredible score and original song. So we are waiting to see what happens before we release the film nation wide. Thank you again for you concern about the film. I know you can't wait to see it and share it with your friends!

Here is a link to the trailer to hold you over. https://vimeo.com/158403696

Best,

John Asher aka. The Director of Po
Blair N. Cummings

This looks absolutely beautiful, and I didn`t intend my previous post to be insulting in any way.
Full disclosure: I was diagnosed decades ago has having schizoid personality disorder which is on the autism spectrum but a very minor form of it. Nevertheless, I know all about unbridgeable detachment and I can`t wait to see the film.
BTW, for those on the forum who have always thought that I`m crazy, I hasten to point out that SPD has NOTHING to do with schizophrenia or any kind of psychosis. Sorry. LOL
Roberto Pinardi

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

"Hi Roberto
The movie is having a limited theatrical release on 11/25 for one week. This is happening so that Burt can qualify his music for an Oscar!!
Sheryl Crow performed a song that Burt wrote for the film and that single will release later this month.
Hopefully the film will get widely released early next year
Thanks,
Lenny"

From Po site

Bye
Roberto