Herb Alpert's next album includes new Bacharach-Costello composition

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

bminnick

Herb Alpert's next album includes new Bacharach-Costello composition

Postby bminnick » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:48 am

Via theseconddisc.com:

Herb Alpert is about to release his latest studio album, Human Nature, on September 30, and it looks to be an exciting set even by the high standards of the eternally youthful trumpeter. His fourth album in three years, Human Nature features five original songs plus reworkings of Steve Porcaro and John Bettis’ “Human Nature” (the 1983 Michael Jackson hit), Burt Bacharach and Hal David’s “Alfie” and “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart,” and a world premiere composition from Bacharach and Elvis Costello, “Look Up Again.”

http://theseconddisc.com/2016/08/22/tas ... ptember-9/

blueonblue

Re: Herb Alpert's next album includes new Bacharach-Costello composition

Postby blueonblue » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:31 pm

When I first heard this track back in 1974 I thought it was a Bacharach composition.
I was wrong as usual, it was written by Herb Alpert....you could have fooled me ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm6hlENMm2o

'blue'

Blair N. Cummings

Postby Blair N. Cummings » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:00 am

Okay; I have a question. What was the point of Burt and "Elvis Costello" writing another batch of songs if they had no intention of recording or releasing them? It will surely be nice to hear the one on Herb`s album but where are the rest of them?

Blair N. Cummings

Postby Blair N. Cummings » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:11 am

This beats the hell out of that schlocky "Po" theme. Once again, "Elvis" seems to have elicited the very best from Burt. This is just superb!

Return to “The Burt Bacharach Forum”