Bacharach in Copenhagen July 10th, 2016

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Chris1968

Bacharach in Copenhagen July 10th, 2016

Post by Chris1968 »

On Monday, July 11th, 2016 I came home to Berlin, Germany from a trip to Copenhagen for 4 days with the highlight of course BURT BACHARACH in concert on Sunday, July 10th. I´m still impressed. It´s "my" third Bacharach concert. The first time I saw him at the Northsea Jazz Festival in July 2009 in Rotterdam. The second time also in Copenhagen in June 2013. And now in July 2016. And WOW, he got a standing ovation just as he came on stage. It was very emotional. When I took my place I noticed that there were only 2 seats for the singers. And Burt Bacharach explained the reason: The voice from Josie James was gone as she woke up in the morning at the hotel. Perhaps a cold. And they all hoped the she will be back on the next days concert in Reykjavik, Iceland (the last on the tour). Did anybody know if Josie James appeared at the Reykjavik concert. I hope so. Otherwise I think everybody here at the forum wish her the very very best!!!
The concert itself was very very good in my opinion. All the muicians seemed to have fun. They all smiled and were in good mood. And Burt was fantastic. For me the most emotional moment was again, when he sang "Alfie". There was also one song which was new to me: "Hush" from the musical "Some Lovers". And they played a song, which they didn´t when I saw Burt in 2009 and 2013 which is a favourite of mine: "Something Big".
The concert was 2 hours long and I enjoyed every single second. Of course, Oliver Bacharach came also on stage again and his spoke very emotionally a about him. I think every concert date is like a christmas day for Burt, when he´s joined by Oliver. They should do this as long as it possible. It´s wonderful. So hopefully they will another european tour next year. "Burt 89" :D
And the best thing is that somebody posted a 30min. clip on YouTube from the Copenhagen concert. Enjoy!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6VdKJggjOQ

Best wishes to all, Chris
blueonblue

Re: Bacharach in Copenhagen July 10th, 2016

Post by blueonblue »

Wishing Josie a speedy recovery.

'blue'