Hiromi

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Blair N. Cummings

Hiromi

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Since the few of us left seem to come to a dead end again (awaiting the Po soundtrack that may or may not be released), I`ll offer this:
https://youtu.be/nawIKtrRz0I?list=PLjuK ... qg3noqV-jk
I had not heard of her until a few days ago (that`s how out of touch I now am), but she`s probably the best jazz - or any kind of - pianist alive.
I`ll be back in New York at last for a short time at the end of July and will be seeing her trio at the Blue Note.
(Enormous, if you`re still around, what do you think? You`re a jazz aficionado and the rest seem to have gone).
Blair N. Cummings

Re: Hiromi

Yes, that first sentence should have read "have come to a dead end." I`m a stickler for things like that.
(What happened to the Edit function here?)
Martin Johnson

Post by Martin Johnson »

At least this page is up and running and showing signs of life unlike the disabled Jimmy Webb forum.

A favourite jazz pianist of mine of recent times is the New York based Canadian Renee Rosnes. Certainly I get more pleasure listening to her than anyone else I've heard lately. Here's her beautiful 'Black Narcissus':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq0ZkWSpdUI
Blair N. Cummings

I`m not sure what happened to the JW forum. It could be a technical glitch or the webmaster may simply have decided to put the thing out of its misery. The earlier site was a lot livelier but with no new material to discuss, most of the old correspondents have faded away. The current site has been a ghost town from day one.
Martin Johnson

Post by Martin Johnson »

Yes, the last few times I visited the JW forum it was virtually just the Professional Scot carrying out a conversation with himself. With Webb committed to have his autobiography ready for publication next spring, I don't suppose there's much chance of any new music for a couple of years at least, so not much to chat about apart from his occasional concerts and we all know how little they vary.
Blair N. Cummings

I think this is precisely the time for an album of un-heard songs. The auto-bio will sell to fans of the now-long-stale greatest hits shows. I don`t anticipate anything revelatory. But a new music release wouldn`t be bad promotion. It`s long-promised and long overdue.