knoxville/baltimore/providence

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

ursulageorge

knoxville/baltimore/providence

Post by ursulageorge »

i am a rhode island resident. my boyfriend and i have seen the past three symphony shows. a friend of mine gave us tickets to the ri philharmonic show. we loved it so much, we drove to baltimore to see it again, and then flew to knoxville this passed weekend for number three. we have seriously discussed seeing a las vegas show, a show in italy, and we are definately flying to charlotte for that symphony show.

during the ri show we learned john pagano, one of burt's vocalists (one of three of the most spectacular vocalists i've heard!) was from my home town of providence. in baltimore we had the opportunity to speak to john, and then to our delight we had the chance to meet burt as well, who seemed a bit surprised by our seven-hour drive for show two. last saturday night we spoke with john pagano again - he knew in advance we were going to be there and was nice enough to hang around and greet us again. i shared with him my hope that on a future night burt would feature him on "in between the heartaches" (which is not part of the symphony show), or "make it easy on yourself" (which sadly is only glanced over at the end of the first medley in the symphony show).

why do we keep attending these shows? because folks, for one thing, burt is now in his 70's (amazing) and probably wont be doing shows forever. and for another, the magnitude of his contribution to our pop culture and music history in america is no more obviously or apparent then in a show such as this, 90 minutes of so much music composed by one person - so much that it has to be edited into medley's! this show is all-at-once breathtaking and emotionally overwhelming. the instrumentation and arrangements are fascinating. the more i hear and see, the more i learn. and the more i want to hear and see.
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour ursulageorge;

Nice to know that you have the Burt bug! 8)

I was at the Providence/Baltimore concerts last year also.

Might fly down to Charlotte in October 2004 myself, if there are no concerts in the North East. I need at lease 1 Burt concert a year!

Proably you may run into, 'Crazy For Burt' in Charlotte. She usually sits in the front row! :D
Take care;

Vincent
x

Post by x »

Maybe I'm a fool, ursulageorge, but my eyes teared up as I read your message. Nothing to add, really.
crazy for burt

Post by crazy for burt »

welcome to the club ursula!! i was indeed on the front row and backstage in baltimore and knoxville...i missed providence. i would love to see you in charlotte.
it certainly is fun meeting fellow posters. vincent and i met in baltimore and morristown.
john pagano is very charming...everyone in burt's company is gracious and helpful. they are always impressed by their fans' devotion. i have never seen burt turn down a request for a photo or autograph and he stays until he has spoken to everyone.
this hobby of ours gets a little expensive...but it certainly is worth the effort.
Toms

Charlotte Tickets

Post by Toms »

Hi, are the Charlotte Tickets on sale yet? Or when they do go on sale?
Tom
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

:D

"Crazy For Burt:;

Yes it was great meeting you at the 2 concerts!

And you are right. Burt doesn't leave until all his fans either get a autograph or a picture of him! I don't know any other person on the planet or Universe that takes care of his fans as Burt!!!

Also Donna, John, Joise, David(s), Rob and others in Burt band are the same way! Even Dionne's nephew Barry Warwick, who does the sound for the concerts is the same way. Barry was nice enough to take a picture with my wife Cheryl and myself in R.I.

"Crazy For Burt", I might see you in Charlotte in October. Yeah it get a little expensive. But hey, it's for a special person that we have come to love and admire over the decades (40 years and counting). I don't ask for much in life, but the love of Burt's wonderful music is one of them! This hold true for Dionne & hal too.

I will be celebrating my 32nd Wedding Anniversary on September 30, 2004. Why not include the concert in Charlotte! By the way, my wedding song was one of Burt's & Hal's song, "Close To You"!

In addition, it's always nice to meet fellow fans at these concets, which I enjoy very much! It's a way that we can share our many joys of Burt's music!

P.S. Drop me a email. I have a idea for October!

Take care mon ami;

Vincent
brillbuild

Post by brillbuild »

Now you've gone and done it. I enjoyed BB in Knoxville too and when I saw the Charlotte concert coming up I thought maybe we should go to it also.

But after reading your post, looks like I should definitely make plans.

Only wish I knew how to get really good seats.
vincent.cole

Reply: brillbuild

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour brillbuild;

Here is the number for the Charlotte Symphony. 704-972-2000.

You may wanted to get on their mailing list.

The person I spoke with, indicated that single tickets may go on sale in May 2004. I used this process for the Baltimore & R.I. Concerts!

I got the seats that I wanted. 3rd row lefts center. This is where Burt has the piano. Excellent view!!! :D
Take care;

Vincent