Burt March 10, 2016 Nashville TN

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

vincent.cole

Burt March 10, 2016 Nashville TN

Post by vincent.cole »

Star Date: Thursday, March 10, 2016

Place: “Schermerhorn (Nashville TN)”

Time: 7:30 P.M.

Super Nova: Mr. Burt Bacharach (The Silver Fox)”

“Prelude”

It was a packed audience and even a sardine, would have had a problem finding a seat (lol)! The Schermerhorn is gorgeous place to see and hear a concert! Well the audience was really Burt-en-ized that night! Country Music gave way to the genius of Burt Bacharach for one evening!

“Highlights”

I won’t rehash the many songs that I have heard @ Burt’s Concerts. I will reflect on some new songs that I have never heard before. (1) Donna Taylor sang ‘Mexican Divorce’ and John Pagano played the Guitar. That was really a surprise to me. (2) Bill Cantos sang, ‘Something Big’. This song if you did not know was from a Western Movie in the late 60’s staring Dean Martin. (3) Josie James sang, “In Between the Heart Aches’. This song is one of my favorite chestnuts from the Bacharach, David song book. Josie did an excellent rendition of this song! I was hoping to hear Donna Taylor sing, ‘Waiting for Charlie’. Donna indicated after the show, that Burt had to take that song out of the performance, since the concert was 1 ½ instead of the normal 2 hrs. when it’s just Burt’s band.

I met a few 1st time fans that attended their 1st Burt Concert and they were in awe after the performance!

Layne Miller the person who posts songs on the forum was @ the show! It was nice to see him after 10 years. We met @ the Heinz Hall in Pittsburg in 2006. Laura also was there! She really is a global trotter when it comes to seeing Burt around the world!

“Epilogue & Backstage”

Layne and I were able to get backstage due to Burt’s Manger, Sue Main. Took a few photos of Burt and other band members. Burt’s daughter Raleigh drove up from South Carolina to see Burt perform. I would say there was between 20 & 25 people backstage. In addition, I would say that ½ hour passed before Layne and I left. I did tell Burt that he is an expensive hobby that I have. He just smiled @ me. Oh I forgot to mention, during the performance, Burt pointed to me from the stage. I can’t tell you what a thrill that was for me!

Burt’s Manager indicated that Burt will play in Monte Carlo during his European tour this year! Josie James told me that she was a backup singer for Whitney Houston years ago in Monte Carlo.

Well hope to get another Burt Concert this year! One is not enough!

Take care;

Vincent
An Enormous BB Fan

Re: Burt March 10, 2016 Nashville TN

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Great post, Vincent, thanks.

I cannot believe it's been 10 years since you saw Layne! OMG!! Because I remember when you posted that you met him at a concert. It's so hard to believe that that was 10 years ago already! Holy smokes!!

Vincent, I'd rather see Burt with a full orchestra for 90 minutes then see him with a band for 2 hours. Would you agree? I mean, it's gotta be at least twice as good (or 3x as good) hearing Burt's music with a full orchestra, right? Either way it's heaven!

And how great that Burt recognized you in the audience! How cool is that??!

(And Layne: Please do me a favor and tell Vincent that he doesn't look a day older since the last time! Thanks!)

Long live Burt Bacharach!!
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour An Enormous BB Fan!

Yes it has bee 10 years ago when I met Layne. Time does truly fly. As they say, it seem like almost yesterday when I met Layne. A wonderful nice person @ the age of 31 years old!

An Orchestra is much better!!! But that extra 1/2 hour is just wonderful too!

Hey, when are you going take your Flordia Golfing trek? Hit them straight! I think the last time we played was @ South Shore CC.

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
BB4LIFE

Post by BB4LIFE »

Great post, Vincent. As usual you pretty much summed up how awesome it was to see Burt and his band perform. While it was your 105th time seeing them, ha, it was just my second. Naturally I loved every bit of it and hope to see another show to complete the hat trick :)

And Enormous...you're absolutely right...Vincent still looks great! And, honestly, he might look even younger now than he did 10 years ago :) It was such a pleasure to meet up with him again before and after the show. I was so glad to have him there to introduce me to Josie and Donna. And John Pagano actually remembered meeting me back in Pittsburgh. I thought that was really cool.

All in all it was another fantastic and memorable experience. If any of you have the chance to see Burt and his gang perform...DO IT!!!

Take Care,

Layne